PDA

View Full Version : Moose in 4-23

hoyt
09-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey i thought i would ask if anyone has hunted moose in this region? I see it is open now without a LEH tag, is the area good for them?
Have seen a few up near Elk lake but thought i would see what others think.
Maybe time to go after deer if the moose are still sparse in the area. I hope all are spending as much time out there as possible!
Good luck to all. :-D

hoyt
09-23-2009, 10:14 AM
OK, so i hear the area is not so good, can anyone tell me a fair area for a small, spike bull? I am trying to stay around the Sparwood/Frenie area, and i am not after a big one, did that last year up North and now just looking for great tender table fare :)

ramcam
09-23-2009, 10:16 AM
It is only open for spike, fork bulls in 4-23.

d6dan
09-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Hoyt, think about it for a moment?. Its been on LEH for years. That means this year spike/forkhorns are open for the first time in all those years. I would guess its going to be good. Back in the 80's it was getting pretty sad looking around there for moose, LEH has definitely improved that now...

hoyt
09-23-2009, 04:02 PM
I do know it is only open for spike bulls, this is the first time for "open season" for quite some time.
I just got my new Auzzie saddle today from Syd Hill, first light i'll go out and try it and see if i can find some moose. Try a few places where i've seen some in the past and go from there.
Should be fun to explore new area as well and put some miles on the horses.