PDA

View Full Version : 1st time Jr Hunter for Rabbits close to Vancouver?

4570hunter
09-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi My Name is Vince and My Dad and I are looking for a place to hunt rabbits or Grouse Somewhere close to Vancouver or not too far away perhaps a few hours away. Can anyone please help us?

Thanks

Vince 12 years old

I am using my Dad's account if that's OK

Steeleco
09-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Roads that close will be quite busy till the season chills and most of the campers stay home, but there's Ross lake FSR, Skagit/Silverhope or any of the many FSR's just north of Hope up the Coq. Evening is best, and you'd best be fast!!

Good luck.

Hey Vince, sign for you own account, lots of young'uns hang out here!!

4570hunter
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Bump Bump Bump

TheDuckinator
09-13-2009, 05:36 PM
First and last light are the only times you will find bunny's unless you've got a dog and go bashing through the bush. And for grouse you want to go on an overcast day where there is no direct sunlight and look for logging roads with berry bushes along them. But if your going for blues (5-6lbs) than you gotta go high up in the alpine and work for em. Got 7 grouse on Friday 6 with .22 and 1 with a rock while looking for monster mulies. Also check this thread for tips I found it true for ruffed but not for spruce or franklin http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29913&highlight=grouse

I know I didnt answer your question but it should help you out
Best of Luck