PDA

View Full Version : I went fishing with a legend - Part II

Dirty
09-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I went fishing with a legend again. The Swede, aka "The Teacher", took me out for a little fly fishing for salmon on Vancouver Island. We rented separate rooms at a hotel, instead of sharing a tent and sleeping bag like Stone Sheep Steve and BCRams.

We fished Fly and Spey rods. However, something strange happened this trip. Usually The Swede is good for teaching me lots about fly fishing and religion. He gives me pointers how to become almost as good as PGK things he is at fly fishing. However, this trip, The Teacher became the student. I pummelled the fish while he trashed the water with his spey rod. I used the secret Muddler Minnow fly and annihilated all the unsuspecting Coho, Chinook, and Pink Salmon. He caught a few, but only because I let him. No fish were harmed in the process.

Nobody should go fish Vancouver Island, there are no salmon left, I caught them all.

That is all.

PGK
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Your version differs from Kechika's. And the day you outfish me is still far over the horizon grasshoppa. You hav much to learn of the way of the fly.

PS: A pink spoon chucked via 8wt and sink line makes not a fly rig

;)

Dirty
09-12-2009, 10:06 PM
You can cast a pink spoon on an 8wt? PGK for prime minister!

Gateholio
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Your fishing rivalries are amusing. I bonked more fish by the time I was 14 than you guys have ever hooked...
8-)

Browningmirage
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
You can cast a pink spoon on an 8wt? PGK for prime minister!

you can cast anything on an 8 weight...pink spoons, hootchies, bbqs, you name it.

Spy
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Why don't you just use a spinning rod?

lip_ripper00
09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Your fishing rivalries are amusing. I bonked more fish by the time I was 14 than you guys have ever hooked...
8-)

x2, Kids!!:biggrin:

PGK
09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
8-)

You think so? I'll put my first 12yrs up against yours anyday.

PGK
09-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Why don't you just use a spinning rod?

Try a flyrod, answer your own question.

THE SWEDE
09-12-2009, 10:56 PM
8-)

Im sure you've ate more cheesburgers too

THE SWEDE
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I will admit defeat.today was yours.Spey is ghey

PGK
09-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I just got this picture from Kechika in an email entitled 'Dirty and me went f(ish?)ing!!' What the hell were you guys DOING with my spey rod?? I'm not buying it back now!

http://www.slangcity.com/realenglish/glbt/nice_catch2.jpg

Gateholio
09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
You think so? I'll put my first 12yrs up against yours anyday.

Oh little grasshopper...I grew up on the coast, and most of my fishing was done in the 70's and early 80's, with generous catch limits...I don't know how many salmon, lingcod, rockfish, halibut, and everything else, (and crab and prawns) I caught, but I did ALOT of fishing.

I was fishing virtually every day in the summers and every weekend when school was in, when in season. It's hard to imagine the amount of seafood I brought in, but I was supplying my family, my neighbors and a few friends with piles of seafood back then. My parents friends were always thanking me for the seafood donations,couldn't believe that a little kid was a better source of seafood than the fishmonger!!

I probably wouldn't keep as much now as I did then, but we didn't know any better then. :)

lip_ripper00
09-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I just got this picture from Kechika in an email entitled 'Dirty and me went f(ish?)ing!!' What the hell were you guys DOING with my spey rod?? I'm not buying it back now!

http://www.slangcity.com/realenglish/glbt/nice_catch2.jpg

epic failure!:roll: where the pic?

PGK
09-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh little grasshopper...I grew up on the coast, and most of my fishing was done in the 70's and early 80's, with generous catch limits...I don't know how many salmon, lingcod, rockfish, halibut, and everything else, (and crab and prawns) I caught, but I did ALOT of fishing.

I was fishing virtually every day in the summers and every weekend when school was in, when in season. It's hard to imagine the amount of seafood I brought in, but I was supplying my family, my neighbors and a few friends with piles of seafood back then. My parents friends were always thanking me for the seafood donations,couldn't believe that a little kid was a better source of seafood than the fishmonger!!

I probably wouldn't keep as much now as I did then, but we didn't know any better then. :)

You don't have a monopoly on that my big chested friend :) As most of us, I've been slaying them since before I could keep the butt end from dragging in the mud. Filling five gallon pails full of fish was a specialty of mine back in my younger days.

lip_ripper00
09-12-2009, 11:10 PM
You don't have a monopoly on that my big chested friend :) As most of us, I've been slaying them since before I could keep the butt end from dragging in the mud. Filling five gallon pails full of fish was a specialty of mine back in my younger days.

following Willer around on his carp outings?

PGK
09-12-2009, 11:12 PM
following Willer around on his carp outings?

I wish, he's on goddam fire. I tried catching those buggers in the spring on the flyrod and they are one of the hardest fish to catch out there

Sitkaspruce
09-12-2009, 11:15 PM

Squawfish don't count!!!!!:eek::D

and it also explains whay we have limits and why there is a lot of regs on lakes and streams....all because of the little grasshoppers who think that filling a 5 gallon bucket is so coooool..........

Cheers

SS

THE SWEDE
09-12-2009, 11:16 PM

and it also explains whay we have limits and why there is a lot of regs on lakes and streams....all because of the little grasshoppers who think that filling a 5 gallon bucket is so coooool..........

Cheers

SS

LOL BURN awsome.

Gateholio
09-12-2009, 11:17 PM

5 gallon pails? I am sure that was fun, but filling a 5 gallon pail with fish is not really a great accomplishment.:tongue:

PGK
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Cheers

SS

You're a genius! I forgot how much former CO's know about fisheries biology! We have RULES to protect fish. Thanks man, you're the bestest <3

Gate, it was called bucket fishing. And when there's seven people in the boat, you can take 35 rainbows on the day. At places like Stuart and Takla, the smokers will up fast. No longer though. Native fish should live. Stocked fish should die.

Gateholio
09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Y
Gate, it was called bucket fishing. And when there's seven people in the boat, you can take 35 rainbows on the day. At places like Stuart and Takla, the smokers will up fast. No longer though. Native fish should live. Stocked fish should die.

So, 5 fish per day? Sounds like fun, but...It's nothing compared to what was allowed in the ocean back then. Even now you are allowed 4 salmon, plus bottomfish in a day.

I am sure you are a better freshwater and fly fisherman than I am, mostly because I rarely do either activities, but your 5 rainbows a day is just kinda cute, compared to a coastal fisherman that has a clue.:p

Dirty
09-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Quit hijacking my thread. You are ruining the ambience.

Gateholio
09-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Thread hijacks are strictly forbidden...8):mrgreen:

Dirty
09-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Thread hijacks are strictly forbidden...8):mrgreen:

Good I think you should ban LipRipper and PGK. Promptly at that.

Gateholio
09-13-2009, 09:20 AM

I was thinking I should ban The Swede, he is a more prolific hijacker...8)

THE SWEDE
09-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I was thinking I should ban The Swede, he is a more prolific hijacker...8)

I can bann myself thanks.But if you think it needs to be done,Bring it "Mouth Breather"

Gateholio
09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I can bann myself thanks.But if you think it needs to be done,Bring it "Mouth Breather"

You just want to be banned to make yourself look cool8)

BlacktailStalker
09-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Sounds like combat fishing on the Stamp...
Good year for coho, the more sparse the better for those rolled muddlers.
Get into any summer runs ?

Salty
09-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I am sure you are a better freshwater and fly fisherman than I am, mostly because I rarely do either activities, but your 5 rainbows a day is just kinda cute, compared to a coastal fisherman that has a clue.:p

Easy now big fella, don't want to be giving the young rooster a complex or something. Let'm live in the imaginary world, flicking that belly button lint back and forth with the godly fly rod. Kech'n them 9" brute rainbow with a 2wt rod to make it thrilling :???: and filling the bucket is as good as it gets for many out in the wastelands. ..

Oops. Dangerously close to highjacking Dirty's thread here. So how do you cast a treble hooked spinner bait with a fly rod again? Do you use the E-chip models? And powerbait?

Ambush
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
You guys better be carefull dissing PGK. His artfull photos are getting recognized.
While flicking through the Outdoors channels I came across PGK on the show " Que-r Eye for the Dry Fly" . He was laying naked on a stream side with a #10 Wooly Bugger carefully placed to keep the photo from being X-rated.

I washed my eyes out with vinegar and canceled my TV subscription!!!

Sorry for the Hi-jack Dirty, just thought you should know.

PGK
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Whoa. It was a #6, ok. Sheesh.

And if we're only going to count sport fish, you have me beat.

Amphibious
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
you're all so cute arguing over a fishery with limits. ah for the days of hot sandy beaches, tropical waters and no limits or licenses. 50-60 fish a day, piece of cake...

and everyone knows the "Swede vs. PGK" debate will only be settled by a 40oz of Jager and a baby pool full of banana pudding.

field marshal
09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
You young fellas make me smile:-D:-D
Perhaps you've heard of the Cowichan Valley???
In the 50's and early 60;s It was tough trying to get your gear in front of
the early run of big Steelies in late November!!:icon_frow:icon_frow
Too many GOD***N. COHO still in the river.:mrgreen::mrgreen:
Don't even get me started on the NITNAT, AND the SAN JUAN??:-D
Sorry for the hijack Dirty.:wink:
Cheers ,
Field Marshal.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-13-2009, 05:25 PM
You just want to be banned to make yourself look cool8)

"Bad boyz, bad boyz, bad boyz........whatcha gonna do?..whatcha gonna do when they ban ALL of you??":roll:

Both you and your Dirty side-kick make me laugh!!:lol:

One quick invite on a sheep hunt just as a "tent sweeper" and THE SWEDE would be drooling like a "fluff-girl"........:roll:.

All lies until you post some pics. Sounds like another 4-22 grizz hunt:roll:.

SSS

Stone Sheep Steve
09-13-2009, 05:27 PM
You guys better be carefull dissing PGK. His artfull photos are getting recognized.
While flicking through the Outdoors channels I came across PGK on the show " Que-r Eye for the Dry Fly" . He was laying naked on a stream side with a #10 Wooly Bugger carefully placed to keep the photo from being X-rated.

I washed my eyes out with vinegar and canceled my TV subscription!!!

Sorry for the Hi-jack Dirty, just thought you should know.

Good recollection Ambush.....but I'm pretty sure it was a size #22 wooly bugger....:biggrin:.

SSS

PGK
09-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Good recollection Ambush.....but I'm pretty sure it was a size #22 wooly bugger....:biggrin:.

SSS

I'd like to see a size 22 wooly bugger! I don't think they make hackle that small!

You're all a bunch of weiners

ruger#1
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Sure it wasnt a size # 24 . tied like a maggot.

Fisher-Dude
09-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Sure it wasnt a size # 24 . tied like a maggot.

I heard it was a slender midge.

ruger#1
09-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Ha HA fisher don't you mean an anorexic midge.

THE SWEDE
09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Its been whipped and stripped so much its a blood worm

Big7
09-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I bet my dad can beat up any of your guys' dads!

ruger#1
09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Sure he can. What a dreamer.

lip_ripper00
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM

Cool I can be the first mod banned off HBC, ahhh wait thunder chicken beat me to it:biggrin: twice!!

Dirty
09-13-2009, 09:59 PM
"Bad boyz, bad boyz, bad boyz........whatcha gonna do?..whatcha gonna do when they ban ALL of you??":roll:

Both you and your Dirty side-kick make me laugh!!:lol:

One quick invite on a sheep hunt just as a "tent sweeper" and THE SWEDE would be drooling like a "fluff-girl"........:roll:.

All lies until you post some pics. Sounds like another 4-22 grizz hunt:roll:.

SSS

1) At least my posts are about successful outings. Yours always end in failure.

2) Why do you need another "tent sweeper" BCRams does enough sweeping with his face when you have him lying on his "tummy".

Stone Sheep Steve
09-14-2009, 04:15 AM
[quote=Dirty;512383]1) At least my posts are about successful outings. Yours always end in failure.
quote]

Like your 4-22 Grizz ......er..... I mean black bear hunt??:roll:

We all know you had to have separate rooms due to your parole orders(no doubt you had separate rooms but connecting doors). Keep your distance from the schools and playgrounds, too:wink:.

And, yes, the PM's have been coming my way begging for info......as expected:-D

SSS

303Brit
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I bet my dad can beat up any of your guys' dads!

ROFLMAO your dad might be able to beat up my dad, but I bet mine will still catch more fish :tongue:

Dirty
09-14-2009, 05:04 PM
And, yes, the PM's have been coming my way begging for info......as expected:-D

SSS

Were they asking what position to glass in? Is BCRams hair naturally red or is that rug burn on his head from your sheep hunting excursions. :oops:

Stone Sheep Steve
09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to picture the "Shadow Casting" scene from "A River Runs Through it" ....or the pottery wheel scene from "Ghost" as Dirty's reaching around helping THE SWEDE with his double hander:tongue:.

SSS

Dirty
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to picture the "Shadow Casting" scene from "A River Runs Through it" ....or the pottery wheel scene from "Ghost" as Dirty's reaching around helping THE SWEDE with his double hander:tongue:.

SSS

Jealous that my fishing partner has a bigger rod than your hunting partner.
What's that I hear? The phone ringing, your hunting partner wants you to hop on the greyhound and come help him pack his shit before your next trip.

Gateholio
09-14-2009, 05:51 PM
This thread caught ghey in a huge way. It's too ghey to allow to continue.