PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Surrey/Langley

kastles
09-12-2009, 08:49 PM
As I understand it one may only hunt in Surrrey/Langley during the lawful hunting season. Right now we have a Canadas season in full swing. Can I take this opportunity to hunt crows? I ran into a guy today who hates the crows on his property, is in legal shooting area and may let me on for ducks later on. Your opinions please

mud-dog27
09-12-2009, 09:59 PM
not 100% on the rules but i think if its on your property(certain acreage) and cant be a single projectile or something along those lines

Dirty
09-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Langley is no hunting, unless you have an agricultural permit. Check the bylaws at City Hall.

GRH
09-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Its only humans shooting humans in Surrey
See it every night on tv
Its a shame

Akula
09-12-2009, 10:47 PM
They're more concerned about shooting herion than shooting wildlife in Surrey.

Stresd
09-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Pick up a copy of the "Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting Licence" map from you local Hunting supply store. It clearly lists where and what type of firearm may be fired in different areas of the LML. Langley and Surrey both have agriculture zoned lands where discharge of firearms is permitted year round to protect crops, livestock, & farmlands.
In special notes on the side of the map it then goes on to explain all rules and definitions of said lands and landownners , leasee's or their agents right.. A must map to have if considering hunting anywhere in the LML.

reach
09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Crows are on schedule "C" and may be captured or killed at any time for any reason if you have a hunting license. You don't have to have any season open. If you don't have a hunting license you may only hunt them on your own property or if they are damaging your property, but again no season required.

Those are the provincial rules. Not sure if there are municipal rules that override those.

Dano
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Actually, Canadas are closed until heritage days and then the general open season opens on the thanksgiving weekend (just want to make that clear as the sept. season ended yesterday :smile: ).
Dan

P.S. The munincipalities can only close an area to discharge of firearms, they can't close an area to hunting.

Gun Dog
09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
The Township of Langley has been closed to the discharge of firearms for years.

Foxtail
09-15-2009, 09:24 AM
I have seen a nice big Black tail in the woodlot and adjoining hay field accross the street from my parents house in aldergrove. Haven't seen him in a couple months but last year he was a heavy 3x4. I asked my dad if he would mind me sitting in a treestand across the street with my bow to see if I could get it. He gave me an emphatic, "Don't be shooting my pets!" So I think I might just go ask the neighbor if I can set up a stand in his property and not tell my dad lol

Dirty
09-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Actually, Canadas are closed until heritage days and then the general open season opens on the thanksgiving weekend (just want to make that clear as the sept. season ended yesterday :smile: ).
Dan

P.S. The munincipalities can only close an area to discharge of firearms, they can't close an area to hunting.

Chilliwack closed Ryder Lake via bylaw. Too many ******s launching arrows in to private property.

ferndogger
09-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I heard Whalley has some good hunting. I would also check around the McD's, Ive heard rumors about some big game around there. Best to hunt them around 2am after the bar closes. Not sure about the regs, but I have always found 7-11 hotdogs to be good bait.

mrdoog
09-15-2009, 10:00 AM
I heard Whalley has some good hunting. I would also check around the McD's, Ive heard rumors about some big game around there. Best to hunt them around 2am after the bar closes. Not sure about the regs, but I have always found 7-11 hotdogs to be good bait.

Wouldn't waste my time in Whalley; the meth and crack makes for small racks.