PDA

View Full Version : favorite cow call and what you do

Husq
09-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Whats is your favorite cow call and what type of mew do you like to make?

I'm partial to using the end of my Terminator bugle and generally I like to make a higher pitch with a bit of whine.

SavageShooter
09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I like the Primos Lead Cow call, because I can vary the length & tone, but when you hear actual cows talking, you can't deny that the Hoochie Mama is a dead ringer!

SS

Brambles
09-12-2009, 09:50 PM
No single best call, you gotta have 2 or 3 different cow calls, you'll find bulls might respond well to one but not the other.

I had a bull the other day really like a cow call with a mouth read blown through a grunt tube.

35 Whelen
09-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Five different cow calls. Primo's - Cow girl, Hyper Lip, Hoochie Mama, Hot Lips, and another I really like , but isn't made anymore ( name slips my mind)

They all sound different, and like Brambles says, bull will respond/ or ignore to each one differently. I have only a bit of experience calling, but I can certainly tell when you hit on the one they like.......they tear small trees down on their way in....LOL

No Tag Soup Please
09-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Five different cow calls. Primo's - Cow girl, Hyper Lip, Hoochie Mama, Hot Lips, and another I really like , but isn't made anymore ( name slips my mind)

They all sound different, and like Brambles says, bull will respond/ or ignore to each one differently. I have only a bit of experience calling, but I can certainly tell when you hit on the one they like.......they tear small trees down on their way in....LOL

Only small tree's? You're calling in the babies ;):) I love my hoochie mama :)

RiverOtter
09-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Give me a mouth diaphram with/without a grunt tube any day.

I can sound like whatever I want and I don't need my hands....

kennyg826
09-13-2009, 12:37 PM
My fav. by far is a quaker boy. don't remember exactly which one it was but simply bight down on the call to change the tone and u can make any sound u want. very easy to use and sounds great.

ken