PDA

View Full Version : whats my best bet for muley/ or whitetail

Jason Melo
09-12-2009, 12:44 AM
thinking of heading up to whipsaw for mulies or rock creek for whitetails and mulies what do u guys think my best bet would be?
any input helps

PressurePoint
09-12-2009, 04:46 AM
The 270 is a nice calibre to shoot, but the 30.06 is a classic.
But there are lots of different cals that are nice as well, the 257 Roberts, 280 rem. 444 marlin. But note, bullets for these cals are harder to find and are more expensive.
The 30.06 is nice because bullets are cheap, easy to find, and if in the future if your interested in hunting moose/elk/bear you can jump to a 180gr bullet and have a gun that can do both.

30 model a
09-12-2009, 04:47 AM
There are lots of mulies/whitetails in the rock creek area, greenwood and grand forks is even better. I was out scouting last weekend and saw a 5x5 and a 3x3 in grand forks area! As for caliber 270 or 243 should be just fine

gary murray
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
There are lots of mulies/whitetails in the rock creek area, greenwood and grand forks is even better. I was out scouting last weekend and saw a 5x5 and a 3x3 in grand forks area! As for caliber 270 or 243 should be just fine
I totally agree. Tons of whitetails in Rock Creek, Greenwood and Grand forks. I was turkey hunting Rock Creek earlier this year and each day i counted numerous whitetails. If i had a choice, i would pick these areas before the Whipsaw. There is game up Whipsaw but also tons of hunters. Also, when you leave Rock Creek to go towards Osoyoos you will go across a long bridge. On the other side of the bridge there is a right turn that takes you to Mt Baldy and down to Oliver. Lots of whitetails and muleys in there too. Rock Creek and Mt Baldy also have an elk herd running around too if that's your thing. Good luck to you.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
09-12-2009, 08:36 AM
We have got it all here for big game. We are on the Baldy road refered to by G.M.

Not to many whities in Princeton area. I work over that way alot and have seen few.

We just need some cooler weather, but I did jump a dandy whitey yesterday out looking for the elk.

Good luck.

MCA