PDA

View Full Version : Some help in Prince George

bc_buckshot
09-11-2009, 09:41 PM
My hunting partner and I are heading up to PG in October for our moose hunt. I was wondering if there is anyone up there, or know how anyone that could maybe help us out with some area, or maybe take us in there home or a day or two to cut down our cost.We are willing to pay and it beats a motel. I'm just shooting this out there and would be nice to meet some people up there for any reason

Bobfl
09-11-2009, 09:52 PM
My hunting partner and I are heading up to PG in October for our moose hunt. I was wondering if there is anyone up there, or know how anyone that could maybe help us out with some area, or maybe take us in there home or a day or two to cut down our cost.We are willing to pay and it beats a motel. I'm just shooting this out there and would be nice to meet some people up there for any reason
I grew up th There is not one piece of land I am not familiar with. 711 which is 1 1/2 hrs from pg is very good lots of hunters but farenough back as not to bring day hunters out. Tatuk lk and a twenty mile circle of the lk will get you into good moose country. Area 710 which borders 711 513 is also good. lots of big derr as well as moose. Take the clear lk rd and cut left at about 12 km. The blackwater rd cuts throught 711 ,710. good area. These are the best areas around pg unless you want to go north. Watch the atv rules.

Good luck

Gateholio
09-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey, BC Buckshot, I am going to be in your area soon, can I stay at your house? It's cheaper than booking a hotel room! :-P

Maybe try to get some advice about hunting in the area, and camp out if you are worried about cost. :smile:

bc_buckshot
09-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Gatehouse your more then welcome to stay here. The whisky is in the freezer, and you might want to pick up some food. The animals that are open around here are the gang members, stupid drivers both have no bag limit. Call me when your way. I know some good spots

moosecaller
09-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Kind of an intrusive request for a person to make, this site is to help people out and "offer" assistance. Not suggesting anything just being cautious. Maybe get a bit more organized for next year, tent or trailer, (saves commute cost of gas to hunting spot) watch the posts on where people are successful, become a little more well known on the forum, be a bit more proactive when gathering your information not on opening day. People on this site are extremely helpful and will go the extra mile for someone, call me suspicious, but in my opinion this request, once again is beyond that.

muleychaser
09-12-2009, 12:25 PM
The fun part about hunting is the hunting camp. Hell I have slept in a tent at -27 and alot of guys here have done the same without a doubt. Running back and forth to town ramps up your costs with the extra gas and room costs plus to get to the good areas you have to travel a bit further than most do. Camp where you are going to hunt and think of all the extra sleep you will get rather than having to get up 2 hours earlier to travel. Do you have a draw or are you looking for 2 points. If so choose an area with deer and do a combo hunt. If you run into unexpected problems (ie-mechanical failure or an accident) get ahold of me and I would be glad to help a fellow hunter out as unplanned problems definately are not usually part of the hunting trip budget.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I play the banjo. Come stay in my woodshed........................

elkdom
09-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I play the banjo. Come stay in my woodshed........................

OH! :-o thats you playin the banjo? :confused:

I thot it was yer TWIN brother! :shock:

35 Whelen
09-12-2009, 04:32 PM
???? I am thinking the same as most on this thread..

Kind of a strange request to ask total strangers to put you up or to show you their spots......I think you would get a lot more responses if you were a bit more humble in your request.

Just struck me as odd??????

hotload
09-12-2009, 05:41 PM
WOW, just when you think you have seen and heard it all on this site. Wouldn't camping in the great outdoors, expecially in this weather just top it off as a great holiday, unless of course you have a nice room for me with breakfast and according to his public profile he likes girls too, could you supply, that would be great, thanks.

moosecaller
09-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Gatehouse your more then welcome to stay here. The whisky is in the freezer, and you might want to pick up some food. The animals that are open around here are the gang members, stupid drivers both have no bag limit. Call me when your way. I know some good spots

This is NOT a good way to get help on this site, you are brand new and making rediculous requests and comments. If you are going to take the sport of hunting and learning the bush seriously then grow some manners and behave like a responsible adult!

moosinaround
09-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Is it an LEH? what mu? you just coming up for a calf/spike fork? More details Are you a cute female? is your hunting partner a cute female? Are you bringing whiskey or beer or both? Details!! Moosin

moosecaller
09-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Moosin' you looking to get the dawg all worked up that you may be steppin' out on him, can't stand to see a grown man cry, gonna have to listen to his tales of whoa all day at work.

moosinaround
09-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Moosin' you looking to get the dawg all worked up that you may be steppin' out on him, can't stand to see a grown man cry, gonna have to listen to his tales of whoa all day at work.
Man, I got him a bear like I said I would, now we will get him a buck! He has shot his own moose already! It is not hard to get Dawg worked up when it comes to hunting!! LOL

The Dawg
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM

Man, I got him a bear like I said I would, now we will get him a buck! He has shot his own moose already! It is not hard to get Dawg worked up when it comes to hunting!! LOL

I have such good friends... :D

kastles
09-12-2009, 08:39 PM
In the three years I have been hunting I've only used a motel for one night when we decided to turn a day trip into an overnighter. Other than that it has been car seats and truck beds, tents or just under a tarp. Half the memories and good times I've had hunting comes from sitting around a fire(or lantern when there is a fire ban), or freezing my balls off in a 20 year old POS tent in neg 25. If it's going to be cold when you go grab a tent, sleeping bag to slide in and then blakets over and under you. The beauty of this is when it gets dark, you drive the truck to the closest flat spot and set up in the light of the car/truck. I even slept under a 4runner once. In the morning you're already in the woods. No need to get up real early to drive in. Good luck on your hunt

kastles

Gateholio
09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
In the three years I have been hunting I've only used a motel for one night when we decided to turn a day trip into an overnighter. O
kastles

This got me thinking...I have used lots of hotels and motels while en route or returning from a hunting trip, but I can only think of once when we spent the night in a motel while actually hunting. It was a spur of the moment late season hunt near Lillooett, bloody cold, days are short, so we just said "let's leave early, get over there before first light, go hunting for the day, grab a motel room and then hunt the next day, too" which is just what we did, and we came home with one decent 4 pt.

It worked, but there was lots of early morning and late night driving....not ideal.

PGK
09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
In PG we sleep three dudes to a truck bed. Nobody sleeps at home from sept-nov around here. Better try williams lake or maybe pemberton. I hear they're real friendly to strangers in pemberton :|

Gateholio
09-13-2009, 09:26 AM
In PG we sleep three dudes to a truck bed. Nobody sleeps at home from sept-nov around here. |

3 to a truck bed? Sounds a little too cozy for me.:wink:

THE SWEDE
09-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Who asks questions like that.Marc says theres no stupid questions...He is obviously wrong

PGK
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
3 to a truck bed? Sounds a little too cozy for me.:wink:

Guy your size goes in the middle. The two outside guys have to be skinny like me, curl around the wheel wells. Many's the night...

BCLongshot
09-13-2009, 01:19 PM

ha ha ha ha

How do you participate on a dating website ????

Hi I'm looking for a 5'6" olive skinned, big boobed, nice a*s woman. U'll like having nookie nookie and I'm willing to pay for supper but I'd rather stay at your house. Possibly forever if it works out.

ha ha ha ha ha

GO AWAY

Arctic Lake
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
This is a joke right! Who would post that! But you know what people will surprise you all the time. Kinda brash wasn't it!
Arctic Lake

Bowzone_Mikey
09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Guy your size goes in the middle. The two outside guys have to be skinny like me, curl around the wheel wells. Many's the night...

I have an Image from Planes trains and Automobiles in my head .... something about 2 pillows

The Dawg
09-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I have an Image from Planes trains and Automobiles in my head .... something about 2 pillows

Those arent pillows! :D