PDA

View Full Version : Archery Reg.8- 4x3 muley buck down.

pupper
09-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Got this one with the bow in region 8 during archery season, 30 yard shot complete pass through, the buck ran 40 yards and heaped up.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/09archeryreg8buck_.jpg

Unfortunately the buck that we did not get had a much better story. We were on a logging road and a monster buck was just standing on the side of the road. I stopped and my hunting partner started getting his bow ready, the monster buck charged full speed at the truck and tried to run right by the driver side but he stopped and skidded right in front of the truck. He turned broadside and showed me his massive 4x4 frame with stickers in full velvet and disappeared into the bush before I could get my camera on. My hunting partner just had his bow ready as the buck ran into the bush 5 yards from him.

Sitkaspruce
09-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Nice buck Justin!!

Is that with the bow that was once last but is now found??

Cheers

SS

J_T
09-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah Baby!! Archery kill venison. Tastes great. Congrats.

bad arrow
09-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey, thats a pretty nice buck pupper, good on you.

pupper
09-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Nice buck Justin!!

Is that with the bow that was once last but is now found??

Cheers

SS

Yah the lucky bow named destiny. lol.

BCBairdo
09-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Nice buck Justin...Rob told me the story this morning so thought I would check to see if it was posted. Too bad Randy didn't get a shot at the big boy....maybe next time up.

Ian

Gord
09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey great buck. Were you in a tree or on the ground? Just wondering because I managed to get close(walking) to 4 different mulies with the bow but never quite within range for a shot. They just see me and take off. Any tips would be good.

Thanks Gord.

cainer
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
The one that didn't get away always tastes better than the one that got away. nice lookin buck ya got there.

gameslayer
09-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice archery buck congrats Pupper. Sounded like a bizzare story with the other buck. Be nice to have a camera running all the time like on the cop shows.

Bow Walker
09-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Congratulations Justin. Good job on that monster. Mine, here on the Island, is only a 3x2 "island buck". I've got a ways to go before equalling that one!

shaner338
09-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Congrats nice bow buck!!

Foxtail
09-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey great buck. Were you in a tree or on the ground? Just wondering because I managed to get close(walking) to 4 different mulies with the bow but never quite within range for a shot. They just see me and take off. Any tips would be good.

Thanks Gord.

Don't let them see you LOL...

But seriously don't let them see you. Use cover if you're stalking. If you are up wind of them get down around them. If they wind you or see you they usually won't stick around....

I'm not really one to talk though, I didn't connect on my trip so far this year... spooked a couple nice bucks(within range)

hoyt
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Great buck, i have not hunted in MU 8 for some time, miss it, the landscapes are great for stalking mulies!!
I miss the Christian Valley area !!
Congrats to you :razz: