PDA

View Full Version : Lone Butte

Dakota
09-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone would know if Lone Butte is a good area for Mule Deer in October.

hillclimber
09-10-2009, 08:03 PM
i have a place at sheridan lake which is just a bit further east down hwy24 and i do not see a single deer there after september long weekend. i mostly hunt in 3-30 which borders 5-1 and find that its fair hunting. if you head north of sheridan lake along the windy mtn fsr there is lots of logged areas and i mean lots. there is usually a few camps along this road but i haven't been along this road yet this year so i can't give you any recent updates. if you want more info you are more than welcome to pm me.

cheers
stefan

wapitiwhacker
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Call Mark at Lone Butte Sporting Goods, he'll know 250-395-2217

Chris

srupp
09-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Yes there will be exellent deer there in Oct. Buddy has a place there..seen his photos..

I will be in Lone Butte in exactly 1 hr and 22 minutes...:shock:...want one tied up???:tongue:...

gotta go....the open road is calling me...and I have miles to go before I sleep...

Steven :smile:

groove
09-11-2009, 08:24 AM
x 2 Im in the area. Lots of mulies. Was up windy mountain FSR last week. LOts of cut blocks. Should be good hunting.

RockyMountainHunter1
09-11-2009, 09:27 AM
I have a place at sulphurus lake and was hunting in november last year and all the deer seemed to have migrated out of there.I also met that marc fellow, he was feeding me a whole bunch of bs. Well it seemed like bs when he told me he shot a 400 plus elk with his bow last year. Oh also a wolf from 92 yards with his bow. Oh and he has the record for long distance shot on a ground hog like 500 yards or 490.haha that guy makes me laugh.Me and my buddy got back in my truck and just started houlin'.

popcan
09-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Out scouting yesterday, and saw 7 deer, all does.
4 bears, only one good sized, 2 grouse, and one possibly poached cow moose, likely killed a couple days ago.

I have seen whitetails around, but always does. Not sure where the w/t bucks are hiding!

Still lots of muley 4-pointers around.

Th0r
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I believe he shot the cougar with a traditional bow at 110 yards plus:shock::-P

On a positive note he does have very reasonable pricing on ammo.

Singleshotneeded
09-11-2009, 01:45 PM
:smile: Isn't Mark at Lone Butte the direct ancestor of the guy at Apache Wells in the 1870s that took out an indian chief at 1,000+ yards with his
Sharps .50 and ended the indian attack?:shock: So now he's slaying hogs
at 500 yards with a bow?:smile: Wow, he's probably shooting moose dead
around Dawson Creek from the door of his shop in Lone Butte. It's all
in the trajectory, you know!:tongue:

BillyBull
09-11-2009, 02:38 PM
When I have hunted out of 108 Ranch from in Nov-Dec we always seem to drive past the area in search of our mulies... would be interested in how you make out.

hillclimber
09-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Those are whitetails. Look closely!

X2 on this i was fishing at needa lake last year and seen some whities. there are also mulies there so pick up a tag for both!

Dakota
09-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the information guys.

quigleyoutwest
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
its unreal , dont just take the first buck you see there wow is there some hogs there,

Dakota
09-12-2009, 12:38 AM
I may go there on oct 1 for a week, went there last year in Nov, my buddy had a chance at a 5 point, but I didn't see much, so I was wondering if I should go there or somewhere else, all of your comments have been very helpful. Thanks

groove
09-13-2009, 07:50 AM
X2 on this i was fishing at needa lake last year and seen some whities. there are also mulies there so pick up a tag for both!

Yup, whities are in there for sure, but spotted a whack of mulies too. Good advise, pick up both tags.:)

MIL720
09-13-2009, 08:16 AM
:smile: Isn't Mark at Lone Butte the direct ancestor of the guy at Apache Wells in the 1870s that took out an indian chief at 1,000+ yards with his
Sharps .50 and ended the indian attack?:shock: So now he's slaying hogs
at 500 yards with a bow?:smile: Wow, he's probably shooting moose dead
around Dawson Creek from the door of his shop in Lone Butte. It's all
in the trajectory, you know!:tongue:
You said it...I live in 100 Mile and am in his store quite a bit.Mark is one of the biggest bull shitters I know.I don't believe much of what he says.He seems to know alot but bullshits his way through most conversations...IMHO

ElliotMoose
10-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Is Mark the young guy? Haha hes a classic that's forsure.
That area is subject to a fair amount of pressure. If it's mulies youre after,
check the highcountry towards Lac Des Roches up towards the mountain lakes, starting on wavey lake road. This is about a half an hour from Lone Butte heading towards Little fort. Seen some biiiig bucks up there, must be lots because the cougar population is booming. And you may run into alot of moose too, found a shed last month measured out to 22 inches just on the one side! Impressive bull for high country!

Chris