PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Elk Regs

branch
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I am under the impression that I don't need an LEH in region 4 for Elk and Bighorn. Am I correct on this matter or totally out to lunch. If I do need an LEH, where in the regs does it say that i need it?

Thanks

SteadyGirl
09-09-2009, 09:04 PM
6pt elk and full curl rams, make sure you have tags!

RiverBoatFantasy
09-09-2009, 09:19 PM
You need an LEH for ALL huntable species in Region 4 - including grouse. Read carefully and know the law or you will lose your truck, guns, and hunting equipment and your BC hunting privileges if caught by the elusive MOE CO.

Fisher-Dude
09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I would suggest that you READ the regulations for region 4 carefully if you plan to hunt there. They are complex and you'll want to be up to speed before you head out looking for "6 point elk and full curl rams".

Keep the regs in the shitter and spend your "spare time" reading and re-reading them. :wink:

ElkMasterC
09-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I seen a full curl 6 point..is that legal?

RiverBoatFantasy
09-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I seen a full curl 6 point..is that legal?

Only on the road.

Fisher-Dude
09-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Just don't be shootin' off yer hood.

sawmill
09-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Just don't be shootin' off yer hood.
Can you shoot off yer girl friend?

speedbird
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
You need an LEH for ALL huntable species in Region 4 - including grouse. Read carefully and know the law or you will lose your truck, guns, and hunting equipment and your BC hunting privileges if caught by the elusive MOE CO.

Ok I'm confused,i thought you needed a species license and a hunting license to hunt 6 point bull elk in region 4

Unless your hunting cow/calf elk then you would need a LEH tag.
I cant find anywhere in the regs that says region 4 is LEH
(Limited Entry Hunting) only.:confused:

rocksteady
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Bulls - September 10 to Oct 20....6 point or better

Cow/calf - LEH

Cow/Calf - Jr./sr. season - September 10 to 20.

Brad talkkari
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
all you need is a species license to hunt 6 point in most of region 4, i have read the reg's over and over and cant find a thing saying that you need an leh for the 6 point bull. this is my first year going for elk, stoked!

RiverBoatFantasy
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
all you need is a species license to hunt 6 point in most of region 4, i have read the reg's over and over and cant find a thing saying that you need an leh for the 6 point bull. this is my first year going for elk, stoked!

Read more carefully. All Region 4 elk are LEH.

Some people's kids.

eastkoot
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I am under the impression that I don't need an LEH in region 4 for Elk and Bighorn. Am I correct on this matter or totally out to lunch. If I do need an LEH, where in the regs does it say that i need it?
[QUOTE)

OMG!!!!! This thread is not real people :p!!!!

PGK
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Wow. Who graduates these people from CORE? Good lord.

Brad talkkari
09-13-2009, 06:31 PM
river boat fantasy boy needs to go to page 50 of his regs and take a better look. 6 point or better bulls from sept 10 - oct 20. scares me when some hunters think they are so right about something that is so wrong!

killerkevin
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Exactly Brad... region 1 Elk are LEH but region 4 6 point bulls are open season.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-13-2009, 07:08 PM
river boat fantasy boy needs to go to page 50 of his regs and take a better look. 6 point or better bulls from sept 10 - oct 20. scares me when some hunters think they are so right about something that is so wrong!

I'm bettin you done never seen a 6 point rocky bull elks in your life.

If the hunters in BC would respect the region 4 LEH there would be more for you to look at.

Bigbear
09-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Full Curl elk are on the Endangered species List , and there is only a few LEH's for those . Make sure that you have a tag. CO's get POed if you dont have one

Brad talkkari
09-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm bettin you done never seen a 6 point rocky bull elks in your life.

If the hunters in BC would respect the region 4 LEH there would be more for you to look at.

dude admit you were wrong, there are plenty elk out there, you just have to get off the beaten path to have a good chance of getting into some herds. there are plenty of elk out there and the 6 point minimum is a great way to regulate the harvesting of them.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
dude admit you were wrong, there are plenty elk out there, you just have to get off the beaten path to have a good chance of getting into some herds. there are plenty of elk out there and the 6 point minimum is a great way to regulate the harvesting of them.

If I could kindly refer you to the BC hunting regulations you will discover that region 4 elk are LEH. Have been that way for a long time.

Some people's children.

benbeckoutfitters
09-13-2009, 09:05 PM
ok i live in cranny heres the scoop 6 point bull just buy an elk tag and make damn sure u count 6.....next if youre over 65 or under 15 r somenthin u can particapate in the senior/junior season sept 10-20 wich opens you to a cow in certain areas as for the sheep check your zones buuuuttt most the areas you dont need leh just your expensive sheep tag....

RiverBoatFantasy
09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
ok i live in cranny heres the scoop 6 point bull just buy an elk tag and make damn sure u count 6.....next if youre over 65 or under 15 r somenthin u can particapate in the senior/junior season sept 10-20 wich opens you to a cow in certain areas as for the sheep check your zones buuuuttt most the areas you dont need leh just your expensive sheep tag....

I am in total disagreement of that statement.

benbeckoutfitters
09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
what statement
i live in region 4-22 cheif in the theres no leh only for cows look at ur regs

benbeckoutfitters
09-13-2009, 09:15 PM
4-01 to 4-07, 4-18 to 4-30, 4-34 to 4-37,4-40 6 point bulls NO LEH
as for sheep 4-01 to 4-21 to 4-24 full curl bighorn rams

Brad talkkari
09-13-2009, 09:15 PM

finally someone that knows what they are talking about, thanks man. So you live in cranny eh? do you by any chance know of a place where a guy can hang some meat around that area. wardner or fernie? anywhere in that area?

RiverBoatFantasy
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
what statement
i live in region 4-22 cheif in the theres no leh only for cows look at ur regs

I am in disagreement with this one also - only because I cant understand what you are attempting to say.

benbeckoutfitters
09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
LMAO ooook thanks river boat but ahh think we got er covered....anways brad ahhh yeahh i actually live in wardner but ahhh as for hangn ahhh our hangers only really big enough for an elk and a deer both of wich are hanging at the current moment....when do come down? and where u coming from?

Brad talkkari
09-13-2009, 09:31 PM
LMAO ooook thanks river boat but ahh think we got er covered....anways brad ahhh yeahh i actually live in wardner but ahhh as for hangn ahhh our hangers only really big enough for an elk and a deer both of wich are hanging at the current moment....when do come down? and where u coming from?

congrats on the dear and elk man, thats awesome! me and a buddy are coming over that way this thursday night and hunting the bull river valley for about 10 days. we are coming from abbotsford. have you had much success in the bull river area? do you know anyone else that can hang meat? its just going to be so frickin hot!!!

f350ps
09-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Dam good fishin in Reg.4 I've heard, especially if ya know how to troll. RBF knows how real good! Nice one. K

benbeckoutfitters
09-13-2009, 09:42 PM
yaaaa high country bulls are goin yaaa bull river is an enormous area i actually have a goat draw that way soo ill be up in the sulphur creek drainage soin some spottin soon lol. are you on a guided hunt orrr what

Fisher-Dude
09-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Dam good fishin in Reg.4 I've heard, especially if ya know how to troll. RBF knows how real good! Nice one. K

He's just jiggin' a bit, wait 'til he starts snaggin' with the barbed treble hook.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
There is a method at work here. Look above, he just named a secret spot where there are goats. He also talks of this place Bull River. Shame it is so hot for all the early birds. I'll be there in November huntin the Jelvis -sized muleys that live in belly deep snow.

benbeckoutfitters
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
the guys just tryin to figure out his elk hunt boys and id rather help out a fellow hunter than piss around with someone whos never been here...but guess if ya got nottin else to do than sit on this thing and mess with guys lol...

Brad talkkari
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
yaaaa high country bulls are goin yaaa bull river is an enormous area i actually have a goat draw that way soo ill be up in the sulphur creek drainage soin some spottin soon lol. are you on a guided hunt orrr what

no its just going to be a self guided hunt. we have spotted some nice areas up there and are going to do some crazy hikeing to get to them, of course keeping in mind that we have to pack out whatever it is we kill. will be on the look out for some nice batchelor herds of mulies as well way up in the alpine. where was that where we can hang some meat again? that sulphur creek area looks nice for goats, good luck on that hunt dude!

benbeckoutfitters
09-13-2009, 09:59 PM
lol not a secret spot man its call a " D-rain-age" anyways ya great place but very large area ya good luck too pal take care

Brad talkkari
09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
There is a method at work here. Look above, he just named a secret spot where there are goats. He also talks of this place Bull River. Shame it is so hot for all the early birds. I'll be there in November huntin the Jelvis -sized muleys that live in belly deep snow.

early birds? elk are ruttin hard man, oh thats right its leh, so guess i wont be seeing you in the area then? haha!

RiverBoatFantasy
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Do you know about the fantastic shed hunting near the _________ hills?

If y'all lives in Wardner you just might.

Tell me, do the Sandbergs still farm there?

killerkevin
09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Damn right benbeckoutfitters! I used to live in Cranny aswell. I can't believe some people thought the whole region was LEH??!! what the hell? "including grouse" hahaha. So I gotta enter a LEH draw to go there and hunt grouse?. Some peoples kids indeed!.

But yeah I got alot of family there and I lived there myself for a long time, we probablly know some of the same people. I'll be there hunting later in october!

Ghost Stalker
09-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Think i have heard of this region 4.. drove threw it once! rite close to nunavit rite!

35 Whelen
09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
LOL.....they're yanking your chain.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

RiverOtter
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
The only thing funnier than a good old trolling expedition, is listeng to the folks that gobble up the bait....

If the "All region 4 is LEH" made you pause, then maybe you should put down your rifle and take up cross stitch or sewing...........:lol: