PDA

View Full Version : Region 3, Mt Grant, Young Lake!!!!!

Island hunter 300 win mag
09-09-2009, 08:37 PM
My father and my self are planing a trip to the mt grant, young lake area in early october to look for the illusive spike/fork bull and maybe a big mulie if we can find one. This is our second trip to the area just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has had any success in that area? Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciatted without giving away your secret spot. Unless you dont mind sharing the wealth:lol: Thanks for any info:D PM me if you like

RiverBoatFantasy
09-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Cattle everywhere around Grant.

I'd try someplace else. Perhaps closer to Hihium Lake or Bonerparte Lake. I saw some very big deer around Hihium this summer and more moose than ever.

Island hunter 300 win mag
09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the tip. Greatly appriciated

Rackaholic
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Yep, seen some monsters around bonaparte lake last week, and grabbed myself a 3x3 (the one in my avatar)

Machinist
09-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I am going into the Bonaparte as well in October , can anyone tell me if the road that goes up to the cutblocks on the north side of Bonaparte lk open ?? The last time i was in there someone had placed cement blocks across the road to keep vehicles out:x The time before that it was open.