PDA

View Full Version : I need a friend

Hemi
09-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Firts year hunting period. I have been out with my 13 yr old boy more for keeping me company. Seen a cow calf yesterday and went out this morning only saw a cougar.. I don't have an ATV yet and am just looking for someone who likes to walk and call. I have a truck and trailer just no one to really hunt with. everyone pretty much hunts with rifle. No PAL yet, this year I will get it. I have my moose and elk tags. Just looking to learn and maybe fill one or both tags.. post here or PM me I am in Prince George..

308Lover
09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Well dude! I am in PG and I hunt. I'm a loner most often, but PIM me. I'm ready to go mid Sep. Always good to meet members on the site.What zones are your tags for? And what's this about no PAL?

XMD70
09-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Contact me to get your PAL. I teach and examine for the PAL in PG.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I am always looking for new places to hunt and new people ... PM me if ya want ... I hunt mostly on thursdays and fridays (my days off)

One Shot
09-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Kudos to you guys for stepping up to help the new guy.

Sideofabarn
09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I'd be interested too. In my third season of bowhunting, and am very much still learning. Like to get out by myself, but am always willing to go with someone else. Also an extra pair of hands helps if something gets dropped!

moosinaround
09-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Hemi, from the name I can see we wouldn't get along!! I'm a chevy guy!:eek: Just joking. You been around PG for very long? I could set yah in a good direction, and maybe make it out for a late season hunt? PM me, we can discuss some dates. PS i'm rigged up for any big game, and I have a 12 yr old who loves to get out hunting too! Moosin

killman
09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Where did ya see the cougar? And don't feel bad I don't have any friends either.....:p

Crazy.kayaker
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
don't feel bad it's not a PG thing I do about 99% of my hunting alone and I'm down in Kamloops. It's actually nicer I find sometimes. You don't have to worry where your hunting partner is if you get separated you can go where you want you don't have to get your partners attention when walking around. Down side is if you get something you really have to work at getting it out and some times it can get lonely on days you get skunked or when you do get something you have someone to talk to that is just as excited as you. Having a partner is good but not having one has just as many benefits at times. You can and should enjoy both. Good luck and if your ever down in the loops let me know I'll show you around. I use rifles but I'm not against bows just haven't learned how to use one since I'm a south paw shooter kinda an exclusive market to try and sell if I don't like it.

Cheers
CK

Elkaddict
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm a south paw shooter kinda an exclusive market to try and sell if I don't like it.

Cheers
CK

Don't let that stop you CK. You'd be surprised at how much left hand gear there is out there. Also, archery is very dominant eye oriented. I'm a southpaw, shot rifles soutpaw for years, never felt comfortable trying to shoot the "other" way. Learned to shoot a bow right handed because of my eye dominance and I don't feel handicapped at all. It feels very natural, don't feel handicapped at all.

hoyt
09-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey if you ever hunt 4-23 area, Elkford, well i could help you find a few nice bulls and show you some areas worth knowing. Let me know. Our hunt this season has started off great there and we are going back out very soon!!

Bow Walker
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
if you're ever down my way......

vortex hunter
09-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I am a new bow hunter also well I use a excalibur crossbow but I am a loner also and would like to meet some other people to chum with and share the same good feeling I get when I am in the back woods anyways anyone from the lower mainland looking for a partner to hunt with pm me I am very respectful of the woods and others so please contact me if anyone is looking for a buddy to hunt with ....nick

cloverphil
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Kudos to you guys for stepping up to help the new guy.
good job helping out guys

get your PAL before you get in trouble

4570hunter
09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Always willing to teach someone if they are interested I have 15 years bowhunting experience and this year I got LEH tags for Cow Elk and Anterless Deer in region 4. Trying to get my son to come along but he has school so he might be out but if someone was interested in sharing gas and vehicle expenses then maybe you should tag along. I'll be hunting Bear as well...

Week of October 11

Cheers.........

Hemi
09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
good job helping out guys

get your PAL before you get in trouble

Yes it is nice to see support for new people like myself. As far as the PAL goes I am working on it but I do not need it for bow hunting..