PDA

View Full Version : guess what I am back at .................................a few new recipes for y'all

newhunterette
09-06-2009, 09:35 AM
well its that time of year again so I figure to add a few new recipes to the list of many

RAGOUT
3 lbs. venison
3 large onions, chopped
1lb. bacon, chopped
1 can tomato soup
2 tsp. bourbon
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp. curry powder
1½ quarts water
¼ cup beer
½ lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced

Cut meat in cubes about 1½ inches square. Heat olive oil in electric skillet and add meat, onion, garlic and bacon.
Cook until all is richly browned, stirring frequently. Add all other ingredients except mushrooms, cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
Add mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes

ELK STEW AND BEER
1½ pound meat (cut up roast or stew meat – not ground)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 soup can of beer
Put in crock pot on high.

Start cutting up the following and add to crock pot
1 cup fresh or canned tomatoes, diced
6-8 small onions (I use 12 pearl onions)
4-6 potatoes, cut up to bite size
2-3 stalks of celery, cut up to bite size
2-3 carrots, cut up to bite size
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Cook for two hours on high. Turn down to medium to medium-low and cook for the rest of the day

HIDDEN FLAVOURS VENISON ROAST
3 lbs. venison rump roast
1 large onion, chopped fine
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of rosemary
1 large carrot, grated
2 cups venison stock or beef stock
Pinch of oregano

Grease a large sheet of heavy foil and place in a roasting pan. Put the roast in the centre of the foil and add all the other ingredients.
Wrap the foil securely over the roast, making sure it is leak-proof and that moisture will not escape. Roast in a 350 degree for 2½ hours or until done to taste

TENDER STEAKS IN WINE (BREADED)
4-8 venison round steaks
1 cup cracked crumbs
Salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 cup red wine
1 egg, beaten
½ cup flour
4 tbsp. cooking oil
1 can mushrooms, drained

Dip steaks in egg, roll in mixture of crumbs, flour, salt, and pepper. Brown steaks in oil. Place in baking dish. Cover with onion, mushrooms, and wine.
Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 1-1½ hours. or your preferred doneness

lip_ripper00
09-06-2009, 09:50 AM
All sounds good! I have a couple of bear tenderloins how about a recipe for them:wink:

bsa30-06
09-06-2009, 10:44 AM
All sounds good! I have a couple of bear tenderloins how about a recipe for them:wink:

dont get her started, she'll be typing all day.:lol:

newhunterette
09-06-2009, 10:49 AM

BBQ BEAR TENDERLOIN

Bear tenderloin and bbq sauce (your favourite kind)
smoking chips

Grill the tenderloin slices 30 min over warm coals with wet hickory chips added atop the coals for smoke flavor.
Place in a single layer in a 9- by 13-inch pan. Cover with barbecue sauce, and bake 30 min at 350 degrees.

SEARED BUTTERFLIED TENDERLOIN

bear tenderloin
1 whole fresh garlic
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
salt
2 qts of cold water
large bowl for the water
large, 13 to 15 inch skillet

Clean and wash the tenderloin strips. Cut the tenderloin into 2 inch think sections, cutting across the grain. Take the 2 inch sections, and cut them into butterflies slices, an inch thick on each side, but do not cut all the way through, leave 1/4 inch on one side of the section holding the halves together. Take all the meat and soak in salt water, 1 teaspoon for 2 quarts of cold water, for at least 30 minutes. Remove the venison from the water and pat dry with a towel.

Next, take the garlic, remove skin, and separate the individual cloves. Once you have the cloves separated, give them a quick rinse in cold water, pat dry and set on a cutting board. Grab a very sharp knife, as you want to dice the cloves, not smash them. Once you have all the garlic diced, into very small pieces, set aside for a few minutes.

In a large skillet, cast iron or your choice of non-stick, heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to medium high. "Hot enough to fry a breadcrumb in about 30 seconds." Now add your diced garlic. Let the garlic simmer for 30 to 45 seconds, then turn the heat down to medium. You do not want to scorch the garlic, just brown it slightly. Make sure the garlic is evenly distributed in the skillet and then add your venison. Make sure each piece of meat is resting on top of a goodly portion of garlic. Cook on the first side for about 3 minutes, then flip the meat over. Continue flipping every 3 minutes.

lip_ripper00
09-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Thank you!:cool:

newhunterette
09-06-2009, 08:00 PM
BUTTERMILK VENISON

Take a venison leg roast, 4-5 lbs. add some form of fat/oil, adding a bit of garlic here and there. Rub the roast well with a mixture of:
1 Tbl. coarse ground black pepper
2 tsp. ground red chile pepper
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. sage
1 Tbl. vinegar.

Let roast sit a couple hours, then marinate in:
4 sliced onions
4-5 bay leaves
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
Small stick of cinnamon
1/2 gallon buttermilk
Place in refrigerater for 2-3 days, turning occasionally. Drain roast, discard marinade. Brown roast well in a bit of bacon grease in a dutch oven. Drain grease. Add a bottle of good beer or cider. Cover and bake slowly, 300-325 for an hour or two. Add a couple onions, carrots, a couple apples and a sweet potato or two. Add more beer, cider or water to maintain liquid level. Continue to roast until vegetables and roast are tender. Serve with a green salad and corn bread.

SALTIMBOCA

this is a very delectable recipe and very rich in flavours
For two people, you will need two, thin 4-5 ounce pieces of your venison, the sirloin or a tender slice of leg are ideal. With a meat hammer, or the side of a coke bottle, carefully flatten the meat till it is very thin. Try for a roughly square shape when you are done. On each piece of meat, place a couple very thin slices of real Italian Procciuto ham. On these, put a thin slice of good muzzarela cheese, about 1/8 inch thick. Now roll each package up, jellyroll fashion, tucking the ends in neatly. Tie in a couple places so they will hold together. The Saltimboca can be prepared to this point well ahead of when they will be needed. Just before serving, heat a heavy skillet or chafing dish, add:

2 Tbl. butter
Saute the Saltimboca in the butter until they are cooked through and lightly browned.
Then add:
1/4 cup real Italian Dry Marsala Wine
Flame the wine,when flames go out,
add:
2 Tbl. butter
Toss the Saltimboca around a bit until the butter is melted and forms a sauce. Serve with linguini, a nice salad and a bottle of dry red wine.

09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks Ali, appreciate the recipies.

BowSitter
09-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Ali, you are amazing!! I can't wait to try a couple of these....Ron

newhunterette
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks Ali, appreciate the recipies.

Ali, you are amazing!! I can't wait to try a couple of these....Ron

:) - cooking is my passion so if I can share what I think is wonderful with others I am happy

:p

6 K
09-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey thanks Ali, I think Iwill give the tender steaks in wine a go.
Let you know how it works out.

duckhunt
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Me and my dad are counting on getting a elk this year, I definetily want to try elk stew and beer. All those recipes sound awesome, thanks for posting them.