PDA

View Full Version : region 7 goat?

lightmag
09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Hello everyone, well my 3 day goat hunt was awsome, short but a great learing expirence for my first goat hunt, learned lots and i can hardly wait to do it again soon.

Seen one nice Billy but he was in a tough spot and we couldn't get closer than 500 yards.

Question, any suggestions as to where else to head in area 7 (say with in 300km og primce george)? the area i was in was small due to ht of land closures and extremely hard access. I'm not looking for a cake walk by any means, but some where i can actually get up to the top of the mountains with my 55lb pack? where i was we need to leave th emajority of out gear below and just take the bare mininums up for 1 night and back down as it was way to steep, long and hard access to get a full pack up? i'd like to go again soon but i would like a better area? i was in 7-18 (open goat season) i love the area just not real familiar with different mt accesses so any help/pointers would be awsome.

lightmag
09-06-2009, 08:01 AM
pics of area we hunted, we accessed at the far end of the lake up the green slide at the right end of the lake, tough!! took us over and hour just to go 500 yards from the lake to the base of the mt with all the creeks, ponds, and thick brush!!

jml11
09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
That lake is a tough enough hike on it's own, with a pack on anyways, let alone going up for goats. I know a few people who have taken goats up the Herrick River in 7-18. It is a grunt getting up and over but when you get there apprently there are a few goats kicking around. 7-5 has goats as well and is all GOS I believe. Maybe try Goat River :D.