PDA

View Full Version : Bow / Shotgun Area

Robinhood
09-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi all, I've been looking for a location to bowhunt in the special archery shotgun only zone in region 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4. I had a spot picked out last year and hunted there a few times, but am not 100% confident as to the ownership of the land. I know that it is incumbent upon me to be absolutely certain that I am entering legally, so I am endeavouring to do some homework. What have you found to be the most expedient method of obtaining information with regards to the ownership / access to a property? I was thinking I might contact the Land Title office but have not done so yet. Would a C/O be able to help? I don't have an address for the piece of bush but can pick it out on Google earth and or a map.

If anyone is willing to point me in the direction of a publicly accessible piece of bush in the archery zone (via PM) I would be very grateful. Not looking for anyone's special spot – just somewhere where I can be legal and put in the time to learn an area that is relatively close to home. Thanks in advance folks, here's hoping your arrows fly true this season.

Tuffcity
09-05-2009, 10:05 PM
http://maps.crd.bc.ca/imf/imf.jsp?site=public_crdviewer CRD Natural Areas atlas. Once you zoom in far enough and have the "layers" enabled you can see property boundaries right down to street adsresses.

RC

Robinhood
09-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks tuffcity - I'll check it out.

Robinhood
09-07-2009, 08:16 PM
So I'm learning how to run the CRD Natural Areas atlas. Lots of good info there. Does anything like this exist for areas that don't fall within the CRD boundaries?