PDA

View Full Version : Scoring differences Typical vs non typical?

Rhys
12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Hi Guys, I hav been reading some of the stories on the net now that the season is over and looking at all the big bucks from this year.

I am wondering about the differnces in scoring a typical vs non typical rack.

Last year was my first year hunting and I managed to take a nice 5x6 non-typical mule deer up in 5-02.

I had him Scored at Gander and it was scored a 161 6/8 non-typical and he also scored it as a typical but it was only 140 6/8.

I think its a pretty big deer for my first one and I am proud of it but i am wondering why it was scored both ways?

And When its scored as "typical" why does it become 20 points lower?

Rhys

3kills
12-22-2005, 12:26 AM
u loose points for anything that doesnt match the other side...so the one side had an extra tine so that get deducted from ur total typical score...

BlacktailStalker
12-22-2005, 06:08 AM
That's right. Beauty deer for your first though ! Still havent taken one like that !!!

monstermuley
12-25-2005, 12:37 AM
When you score a typical rack you take the typical frame and minus all the dedustions, then add all the non typical inches of horn. When you score a typical you take the typical frame and minus the deductions including the non typical points.

plumbob
12-25-2005, 10:05 AM
you can go onto B&C web site and down load the sheets for several animals and it explains everything on it.

3kills
12-25-2005, 03:45 PM
i have sheets here...never scored one before but i do have sheets...