PDA

View Full Version : Reg 7-11 moose

wildprotien
09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
First time heading up to Reg 7-11 {for LEH any bull moose} next week so if anyone has any info good or bad on the area pls let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Jelvis
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
I got yah on the screen like Mean Joe Green, the Steeler's -- West of Prince -
-------------- have yah heard about Black water system . ? What > -------------
-----Turn on to the trail to the treasure -- The Bobtail road for a toad -- ------
On Hwy 16 -- 54 km West of Prince Georgie porgie -- gah gah gahoood mooses
----+ some deers -- no tears in my beers -- kinda hunting --
Also access to the 7-11 from Bednesti Lake 45 km west of Prince on Hwy 16, via Norman Lake road.
So there yah go you got 7-12 and 7-11 to boot -- lol --
Mu 7-11 -- Naltesby Lake -- Hey no Jake brake -- lol --> Prince George rocks < -- +
Jelly (Mack Truck) Bull Moose -- behind every $pruce -- rabbit and grouse not -

09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
i have hunted 7-11 a few times for moose near frank lake and along the 600 line. Came in through Bednesti. we shot a number of moose there. there was a road that went to the back side of frank lake oposit the campsite it goes a long way walk or quad its ugly if you stay on the main it takes you into a lot of area behind frank lake.
been a few years though but the last moose out of there was huge.
the bottom of 7-11 was a fair bit busier. been there a season or two as well. i would go up to the top again before the lower. bring a rod as well the fishin is great in some of the lakes.

Big7
09-02-2009, 02:40 PM
There's no moose in 7-11....I wouldn't put in for an LEH there ever again if I were you.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I'd prefer to go a little later when they will be responding to calling.

SSS

wildprotien
09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks a bunch, if nothing drops next week I will try again in Oct.
We were thinking about hunting the top part.

Big7
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
What's your plan to keep the meat from spoiling - could still be "summer" conditions then? Have you tracked down a meat cutter/cooler? There's only a couple in town (none of which are very good) but you may want to phone ahead and find out their policies with wild game - they seem to change year to year.

BearSniper
09-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi

I'll offer something from an excellent hunter at work that may counter balance the poetry from Jelvis.:roll:

Bednesti FSR and the lakes in that area are favourites for a few hunters at work. Evidently they have harvested many Moose in there over the years. I recall they seemed to concentrate well south of the highway to the southern region of that zone.

I know that they would also advise to surely have Bear and Mule deer tags in your pocket as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

best of luck

ROEBUCK
09-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Theres A Lot Of Moose Around At The Moment So You Should Do Ok.and Not Too Much Pressure, As The October Moose Hunter Rut Migration From The Lower Mainland ,van Island Dont Start Until Early October

wildprotien
09-02-2009, 08:07 PM
What's your plan to keep the meat from spoiling - could still be "summer" conditions then? Have you tracked down a meat cutter/cooler? There's only a couple in town (none of which are very good) but you may want to phone ahead and find out their policies with wild game - they seem to change year to year.

Good advice I was told about a cooler but should check to see if it is still in operation .... hours etc ....
So there might be moose in 7-11 after all eh! hahahah

wildprotien
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi

I'll offer something from an excellent hunter at work that may counter balance the poetry from Jelvis.:roll:

Bednesti FSR and the lakes in that area are favourites for a few hunters at work. Evidently they have harvested many Moose in there over the years. I recall they seemed to concentrate well south of the highway to the southern region of that zone.

I know that they would also advise to surely have Bear and Mule deer tags in your pocket as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

best of luck

Yes it helps thanks again....

Big7
09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Good advice I was told about a cooler but should check to see if it is still in operation .... hours etc ....
So there might be moose in 7-11 after all eh! hahahah
If you want any specifics about meat cutters, PM me....I have been to them all.....last year I shot a moose, it was 25deg and I was heading to Fort Nelson for work a day or two later....anyway, got stuck taking it to the only guy that had room...my wife picked up the meat while I was gone so I didn't get a chance to look at it before the shmuck got paid...long story short, I'd like to string the guy up by his balls and leave him for the crows.