PDA

View Full Version : theres always something

Rymar
09-01-2009, 08:40 PM
as ive learned from many many camping trips and my few hunting trips i have had there always seems to be something you forget or wouldnt think to bring untill you are there and need it. one thing i learned the hard way to always have a back up is laces for you boots and batteries.. just wondering if any of you guys have come into a situation like that and have not made the mistake of leaving it behind again..im also heading up to EK in 14 DAYS!!! for our 10 day elk/goat hunt. we will have our wall tent base camp set up but will also plan on spending a few nights up in the hills in spike camps, just wondering if theres somethign particularly usufully i might not know about i should have?

thanks

tufferthandug
09-01-2009, 08:58 PM
...Wet wipes

coquitlam
09-01-2009, 09:27 PM
...Wet wipes

Second that

slicky72
09-01-2009, 09:31 PM
x3 an absolute must

Gateholio
09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Lightweigth Petzel LED headlamp

Tron
09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
First moose hunt my belt broke. My hunting partner had a spare.

XMD70
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Wysi wipes (tightly compressed 9 in. x 9 in. j-cloths), weigh nothing, no bigger than a Tum. Better than wet wipes if weight is an issue. Lithium batteries for everything. shoe-goo or plumbers goop. small multi-tool. electrical tape, 2 rolls. camp suds concentrated soap. cree led flashlight (180 plus lumens). bow saw. folding Gerber style saw with bone and wood blades. rifle pull-through. I use a hollow 3/8 inch punch to make hundreds of small stickes from highly reflective tape, and stick them all over everything I carry in my pack - makes stuff very easy to find in the dark.

kastles
09-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Left my bolt at home looking for spring blackies. I will never do that again. Knock on wood. Also switched all my trigger locks to combo locks cause I'm no good with keys

mud-dog27
09-01-2009, 11:26 PM
XMD covered most of the decent stuff that goes in my tool box with me, theres also JBweld, a note on the handy wipes those are fine but i find they just dont work for real dirty situations so i use Orange Clean hand wipes or something similar for automotive purposes. as for shoe laces you can substitute allot of things but im sure theres a spare set in my jeep somewhere.

what ever charging cables you may need for you electronics(GPS,Lights,Radio)

wolverine
09-02-2009, 01:34 PM
A small first aid kit with a few essentials like compression bandages to be able to stop bleeding, a small bottle of Advil or Tylenol and a bottle of Benadryl. You never know when you might have an alergic reaction to something and that stuff can save a life in a pinch.

Moose72
09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Alway have zap straps in my pack. Tougher than anything for many many uses.

300H&H
09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Lots of ammo. Sounds stupid but guys head out with only a few bullets.
And a "spork". Its a spoon/fork combo.

M.Dean
09-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Unscented garbage bags are real handy. If you have to pack water, put the garbage bag IN your duffel bag or sleeping bag bag and off you go! The nylon bag holds the weight, the plastic bag holds the water! I always take a roll of tie wire and pliers, you can build a small town with it!!! Check your gun and scope, take what ever you need to retighten your scope down, allen wrench or screwdriver, put it in the small gun cleaning kit you stuffed in your bag. Most nights I spent in camp I clean my weapon, without a gun your camp cook!!! Have great trip!

Tikka270wsm
09-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Cheese cloth. Never know when you have to quarter out an animal on a warmer day. Gotta keep those flies off.
Also toilet paper. Nothing worse than having to sacrifice a sock or a piece of shirt while hunting.

frenchbar
09-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Duct tape..tye straps ..wire are a must.