PDA

View Full Version : Game around Princeton

hairy spotter
09-01-2009, 06:44 PM
just wondering if anyone would be willing to share some decent spots to find game around Princeton. I will be going somewhere in that area in a couple of weekends, looking for mule deer, whitetails, pheasant and sharp tailed grouse. Thanks for any tips!

Blainer
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
sharptail?
maybe ruffed,spruce or blue

Rob
09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I find it usually takes a good 3 days to find some decent hunting ground, for deer anyways. Where abouts are you camping/hunting?

hairy spotter
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Not 100% sure just yet, but I have been scouting the hills to the south, the country there is a bit more open,
so that is the plan for now. But I am more than happy to take a suggestion.

snowhunter
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM
As you go downhill at the steep hill at the mine, just before Princeton, there is a busy deer crossing, just before the sharp turn towards the mine entrance. Mulies feed and bed down, year round, on the man made hills on the mine property, which are off limits for hunting. However, across the road, indside the forrest, there have to be a well used deer trail, which could be worth watching ? Deer have often collided with cars in that area. A deer collision with a bullet would be more useful :)

digger dogger
09-02-2009, 08:42 AM
whipsaw rd

swampdonkey
09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
try pike mtn area a-p ranch turn off

bc_buckshot
09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I was scouting a week ago in princeton and only saw one smashed doe on the road and one grouse all day. I was there from 4am till 8pm. I could of been just a bad day but who knows

Mr. Dean
09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Not 100% sure just yet, but I have been scouting the hills to the south, the country there is a bit more open,
so that is the plan for now. But I am more than happy to take a suggestion.

Hit the mountains. Pick the highest and climb to the top.

That's what I'd do....

Angel
09-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Hit the mountains. Pick the highest and climb to the top.

That's what I'd do....

Common Deaner stop giving out our honey holes!8)

Jelvis
09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Princeton rocks for hunting opportunity up the ----ah, ------up the ah ------
-----------Tulameen River that's a tung twister -- but real goood -------------
-----------Take a looky @ your map sire -- Mu 8-5 is all Y'all need -----------
--Study it and plan a spot to go and base at -- up the Tulameen River and then up the Otter crick for a good mule deer spot -- hike-ins on closed motorized vehicles too if you like hiking also - while hunting for game --
Or stay on the Otter road and take a spur road -- good mule deer, some whitetailed deer and elk all around fair hunting and lots of friendly hunters to chat about how's it going -- seeing much -- ? Oh yah -- buddy got one --
The Otter creek road from Princeton B.C, Canada bisects the entire Mu 8-5 for it's full length, meat head, think - ? Deer both kinds and elk - Hello -
Hit Princeton for a pre-hunt meal and coffee and talk to the $ports $tore about Otter Creek road -- BAM !

Anyways I will tell you another goodie in Mu 8-5, you should explore ----
-------------- ASP Creek --------------- west of Princeton ------ should be good-
Jelly hwy 3 to Princeton, past Manning Park from region 2, to reg 8 into Mu 8-5
Ask the Princeton $port$ $tores about, ASP CREEK for hunting -- also --

Leaseman
09-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Spent the last few days a "little" west of there...... the temps were high, the bugs were the worst I have seen them..... each night we had a thunder and lightning show..... the animals were the spookiest I have ever seen them, saw half of what I usually see.......

Iron Glove
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Son was out the other day scouting for bear up the Similkameen, didn't see much but got the crap scared out of him by the nearness of the lightning strikes. He called one into Forestry as it was smouldering.
He did, however bag a squirrel for dinner. :roll:
In an hour I'm off to Tulameen for the Long Weekend and hope to do some scouting around in the surrounding hills.