PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo help

trigger
09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Hello everyone.

I drew a buffalo draw for 7-57 zone A. I have heard alot of things about this area. Like i need permission to cross private property and what not.
I was hoping some of you's could help me out. Is there any way to get to these buffalo with out crossing private land?
Now the tag is good for november 15th to the 30th. I will have access to either a quad or a snowmobile, which would be better ?
Another thing is Lodging. where is the best place to stay when in that area. I have a wall tent but i would think it would be a bit chilly to stay in at that time of year.
Anyways, If there is anyone willing to shed some light to help make my hunt more enjoyable it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers to you all and happy hunting this season

trigger
09-02-2009, 12:43 PM
anyone????

Slee
09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
You should send Riverjet a pm. Im sure he will be more then happy to help you out! ;)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=36880&highlight=bison

09-02-2009, 03:35 PM
You should have received a package in the mail about 7 pages long with maps and contact info on places to stay and hunt .... if not contact the ministry. I got my package about 2 weeks after the draw.

See you up there on change over, our draws start Dec. 1

good luck, leave 2 for us please.

CT

RiverBoatFantasy
09-02-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd be inclined to go to a local bison ranch if I ever want one. You may even be able to shoot one that has been on the grain bag.:grin: Much cheaper and way, way warmer.

eaglesj
09-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Since I haven't figured out how to start a new post, I'm going to put it in this one because it is somewhat related. I also got a bison draw this year, and am wondering what type of cartridge to use. I am shooting a 30-06. Thanks.

4pointhunter
09-06-2009, 12:45 PM
just pay the $175 tresspass fee covers your whole group, stay at the cabins right at the native land and its at the trailhead quad or snowmobile from your front door! nice cabins too
you need quad or snowmobile either will be fine with a snowmobile you can go a little further back it would definately be a bonus
you can get to them without paying but definately not worth it then its a 20 k drive to a motel or camp in the wall tent outside the gate, in the cabins they come with propane,wood,beds,outhouse for only $60 a night

MuleyMadness
09-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Since I haven't figured out how to start a new post, I'm going to put it in this one because it is somewhat related. I also got a bison draw this year, and am wondering what type of cartridge to use. I am shooting a 30-06. Thanks.

You click NEW THREAD at the top of the page, fill out your info, and submit it, pretty easy. As to your question, direct from the LEH synopsis:

Hunters are prohibited from using a weapon other than:
a) a rifle that fires a 175 grain or larger bullet retaining 2712 joules (2000 foot pounds) or more energy at
100 metres, or
b) a bow having a pull greater than 22. 6 kg within the archer’s draw length, an arrow greater than 26
grams in weight and a broadhead greater than 8.1 grams in weight and 2.2 cm in width at its widest point

Pretty much any of the following factory federal ammo will fit that bill, though I would bring the biggest rifle to the party I could comfortably shoot:

P3006A1
30-06 Spring. (7.62x63mm)
180 / 11.66
Nosler® AccuBond® (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowBulletPop up('7'); void(0))
Vital-Shok® (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowPackaging Popup('6'); void(0))
document.write(FederalBallisticsCompare.GetUsages( '3 ',true));http://www.federalpremium.com/images/use_icons/small/large_game.jpg (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowUsePopup( '3 ',1);void(0))
P3006AE
180 / 11.66
Barnes® Triple-Shock® X-Bullet (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowBulletPop up('1'); void(0))
Vital-Shok® (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowPackaging Popup('6'); void(0))
document.write(FederalBallisticsCompare.GetUsages( '3 ',true));http://www.federalpremium.com/images/use_icons/small/large_game.jpg (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowUsePopup( '3 ',1);void(0))
P3006AH
180 / 11.66
Barnes® MRX (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowBulletPop up('86'); void(0))
P3006F
180 / 11.66
Nosler® Partition® (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowBulletPop up('9'); void(0))
P3006TT4
180 / 11.66
Trophy Bonded® Tip (javascript:FederalBallisticsCompare.ShowBulletPop up('101'); void(0))

tomahawk
09-06-2009, 02:46 PM
I'd be inclined to go to a local bison ranch if I ever want one. You may even be able to shoot one that has been on the grain bag.:grin: Much cheaper and way, way warmer.

Your right that its much cheaper and warmer to go to a ranch but those HBCer's that are hunters would not prefer that method, there is no challenge, no preperation, no excitement, and no hunting associated with shooting at a ranch IMHO!

treeclimber
09-06-2009, 02:51 PM
When I met vern last year at the gate it was 175$ each person! I thoght it was 175$ for the whole crew, good they half of are party were asleep in the camper!

tomahawk
09-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone.

Now the tag is good for november 15th to the 30th. I will have access to either a quad or a snowmobile, which would be better ?

I have a wall tent but i would think it would be a bit chilly to stay in at that time of year.

The snowmobile vs quads is up to the weather at the time and is not a choice to be made until a few days before the hunt when you check if there is snow on the ground. Even then we bring 2 quads and 2 snowmobiles just in case.

We also have a draw for B this yr from Nov20-Dec5 and its the 4th draw we' ve had in 12 yrs. We always use a 14X18 wall tent covered with 3-4 layers of tarps for insulation and a good size wood stove and we are sitting in Tshirts at -20.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/tomahawktom/HuntingChurn08008-1-1.jpg

4pointhunter
09-06-2009, 03:48 PM
i went last year also, vern said it used to be 175 each but they changed it to 175 per tag
also ask for the big cabin used to be the caretakers it is awsome 4 bedrooms 7 beds living room with at 45g drum sized woodstove