PDA

View Full Version : Pre-trip jitters

gr8d8b8
08-31-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure about all you guys but man I have 3 weeks until my big trip up the Alaskan Hwy, can't wait!!
Sounds like a bunch of people on here are leaving around the same time, wondering if they are feeling the same!...stupid question! LOL:mrgreen:

Going after elk first..moose second!8)

AnthonyMoth
08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
I feel the same! We're catching the first boat on friday and heading to Fort Nelson, gonna catch a ride with River Jet Adventures and try our luck at some elk on the Tuchodi. First time elk hunting and first time that far north, should be a good one!

Big7
08-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Although I'm super pumped about hunting season being right upon us and 2 weeks away from a Caribou hunt, I still can't believe how quickly summer has gone. We don't get that many summers as nice as we have this year so it's a little tough to see it go. Don't get me wrong, hunting season is my favorite time of year but I'm a bit of a sun dog! Pretty soon it'll be -30 and coyotes will be in trouble!!

quadrakid
08-31-2009, 07:31 PM
I,m looking out the window at the wall tent set up in my yard,you know i,m getting itchy,twelve more sleeps and then i,m outta here!

waserwolf
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
leavin sat. morn. to the Koots to try for some elk, personally summer can leave anytime, work often finds me on top of a roof somewhere and I've had enough of this heat.

gr8d8b8
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Starting to think what to pack, maybey sharpen the knives again!:mrgreen: Tune up the quad? Decisions, decisions...

Elkaholic
08-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Man the next 3 days of work are going to be killer I cannot even concentrate at work. All I think about is going hunting.

RiverBoatFantasy
08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
The only thing that makes me jittery these days is booking a prostrate exam.

Hunting trips and thoughts of hunting trips give me a very calm, pleasant sensation.

orion
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Even after a lot of 50+ years of hunting i still get the jitters - particularly the night before. When that feeling leaves, it will be time to give up hunting :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:.

sawmill
09-01-2009, 04:32 AM
leavin sat. morn. to the Koots to try for some elk, personally summer can leave anytime, work often finds me on top of a roof somewhere and I've had enough of this heat.

Amen to that,I have permenant heat stroke I think,hate this shit.

BiG Boar
09-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Going through the jitters right now, leaving in 1 hour! Yee haw!

slicky72
09-01-2009, 06:00 AM
goodluck Bigbore!

4 point
09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm really, really thankful that I can even go hunting this year. Cardiologist gave me the all ok last Monday to resume normal life. Had heart attack/open heart surgery last fall. Us guys/gals don' t know how lucky we are to be able to get out and hunt like we have it in BC. Heading down to EK Sept. 19th for a week of elk hunting. Rifle fired Sunday to make sure I haven' t forgot how to and chest took pressure ok. I'm one happy and lucky guy.

Oldboar (older brother) just had his heart surgery Aug. 24th and he is hoping to at least come for a late season ride along in our favorite mule deer area if he can. Younger brother who had heart surgery (yes a family affair) 6 years ago and who doesn't hunt wants to come along on a trip to celebrate we're all alive despite some long odds. Good luck and safe trips to all this hunting season.

browningboy
09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Feeling like a kid at christmas, evry week is getting longer to go by...almost there!

gameslayer
09-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure about all you guys but man I have 3 weeks until my big trip up the Alaskan Hwy, can't wait!!
Sounds like a bunch of people on here are leaving around the same time, wondering if they are feeling the same!...stupid question! LOL:mrgreen:

Going after elk first..moose second!8)

I am getting pumped up as well, headed out on the 18 th up north as well. Hard to concentrate on work like a lot of you boy's. :smile: