PDA

View Full Version : Zone 7:41

DiggerDan
08-31-2009, 09:07 AM
My friends and I have won an LEH draw for zone 7:41. I have heard of some negative experiences hunters have had in this region. Any information on your own experiences from up there would be much appreciated.

I am new to this forum, so if this question has already been asked, please direct me the thread where I can find the information.

Thanks

BlacktailStalker
08-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Might help if you tell what you were drawn for.

DiggerDan
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
We have a group moose hunt. I am looking for information about the attitudes of local residents as well. I have been told that it can be pretty rough for hunters who do not live there.

bighorn
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM
We have a group moose hunt. I am looking for information about the attitudes of local residents as well. I have been told that it can be pretty rough for hunters who do not live there.
there was a post awhile ago about that area
look for the post, Fort Ware area

d6dan
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Apparently the natives are not too keen on non natives hunting up and around there. Some other hunters posted here, had a not so nice time up there. search the mainland bc forum..I'm sure you will find it..

TheDuckinator
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29893&highlight=fort+ware

It doesnt sound like a nice place at all!

betteroffishing
09-01-2009, 07:52 PM
reading some of the storries comming from that corner of the province makes me realise why my ancesters who settled the west were so quick to recognise title and entitlements. funny thing though , ill bet the same members of the same band who have been harrassing non native hunters for years would be the first to cry foul if their taxpayer funded allottment of tammiflu antivirals didnt make it up there in time for fall flu season. of pots and kettles

DiggerDan
09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone, appreciate the information and the links to previous posts. Have talked it over, and we will probably stay closer to home.

moosinaround
09-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks everyone, appreciate the information and the links to previous posts. Have talked it over, and we will probably stay closer to home.
Wheres your adventerous spirit?? Your not hunting in down town FT Ware, or Tsey Keye Dene. Park in the woods, and hunt. Stay out of the towns and don't advertise. Leave the booze and drugs at home and have fun enjoying a part of the world most folks are scared of!! Moosin

Dillybar
09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
We were in the woods.....and this occured.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=12649&highlight=beware+fort+ware

09-09-2009, 12:22 PM
i'm sorry that and the links is fricken crazy! How the hell hasent there been any ok corral shootouts there? sorry my sense of adventure doesnt include sniping a native. and is aloud to continue?

Geo.338
09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Don't let a few bad experiences by others stop you from going on your hunt . I agree these are scary and dangerous scenarios when guns are drawn . I like to think I would leave before it got to that .

We have been hunting back there for 15 years and have never had anything even remotely close to this happen . Even been helped by some locals when our trailer busted .