PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best bang for my buck

Jason Melo
08-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Just wondering what you guys think would be the best deer call for early season bowhunting?

Any help helps

Jagermeister
08-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Any call that gives the plaintive distress call of a fawn. This will bring the does in first, but it will also bring in the bucks. You have to be patient for the bucks to show up, real patient. Don't tip your hand early, if the does scatter, you will not see a buck.

Jason Melo
08-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the help greatly appreciated!

Shooter
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
The E.L.K. brand doe/fawn bleat works awesome. I took a buck last year that followed a bunch of does in to it. They also came from about 200 yards away. On numerous occasions I tried it to see what the does would do and under the right circumstances they literally come running in. Also called a bear in a couple times with the fawn portion of it so be aware of that possibility. The call is just a little mouth piece with an elastic band wound through it.

Jagermeister
08-30-2009, 10:47 PM
I forgot to mention the predator attraction. Besides bears as mentioned, it will bring in the cats (cougars, lynx and bobcat) and dogs (wolves and 'yotes). Cats can be very very quiet, so be vigilant.

Wild one
08-31-2009, 08:13 AM
I have used a K meer deer with good results but have not tryed any others in early season.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
the extinquisher ... Best deer call on the market

Jason Melo
08-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for all the info guys now i just have to get out and buy a call and bag a buck

Evolution
09-01-2009, 05:12 AM
talking about Island Blacktail here, when does the call work for bucks, do you have to wait closer to the rut. Ive seen nothing but doe's this week, seen some big tracks(likely a buck) but no bucks. Thought about trying some scent bombs and calls, but thinkin it might be to early.

Bow Walker
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Deer are inherently a curious bunch so use your call(s) all season long. Just be careful or to call too often or too loudly.