PDA

View Full Version : Canal Flats

ratherbefishin
08-30-2009, 07:19 AM
I haven't been up that way for about 10 years-there was elk and some whitetail showing up-whats the area like now?[the hot springs were a welcome place to soak after a week in the bush]

bowhunterbruce
08-30-2009, 07:48 AM
ive hunted up lavington creek,fir mtn,the powerlines,doc's peak,whitetail/blue lake area for the last 6 yrs and have seen elk up there on many of occations and have been a part of many successful hunts (none of my own though unforutunatly).
the elk are there they are just very hunter savy as are the whitetails and muley are fairly abundant up doc's way in any and all of the cut blocks.
tons of whitetails around the dip in the road just past the blue/whitetail turn off after the cattle 1st cattle guard.and the elk love the thick stuff around lower emily creek and the back end of the bowl in upper emily.need more pm me

gary murray
08-30-2009, 02:56 PM
I was tree spacing up that way in the mid eighties. Up past White Swan Lake and then take a left. Can't remember the name of the road but where we were camped, we were facing that huge rock face. Had a lot of moose stroll through camp.

riflebuilder
08-30-2009, 03:59 PM
lots of whitetails in the valley bottoms elk are in high numbers too. The trench Elk are pretty hunter savy but I have always had a crack at one. My boys are planning to fill the freezer with 2 cow elk opening week so I am holding out for a big bull only. Good luck hope you have a great hunt.