PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Bow Thread

dave*
08-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Since I am now registered here and this is a "local" BC forum I might be able to get an assist from the comunity.

A few weeks back my soft bow case with a 2006 Hoyt Ultratec in target colors ( black with silver "spackle" on top half of riser ) , blue and black Chuck Land strings, Copper John Evo 2 target site etc was prybarred and stolen from the back of my truck in the cesspool known as Vancouver.

If anyone here comes across this too good to be true "deal" give me the heads up, odds .

It's distinctive enough that I will know it if I see it in any ones hands, the police say I am to call them If I spot someone with it, I have some other ideas on that matter.

Yes it was Insured but I tell you replacing a bow is a real pain in the butt.

Thanks

D*

ruger#1
08-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I will keep an eye out in the pawn shops and crackhead central.

Essential
08-29-2009, 11:21 PM
what area are you from?

dave*
08-30-2009, 05:46 AM
Lower Mainland/Vancouver is where I am from.

D*

igojuone
08-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Just remember the person in possession of your bow may not no it was stolen so don't get yourself in trouble, there are a lot of good deals out there today with so many out of work. Maybe we could get the government to start a bow registry, that should only cost one million as not as many hunters own bows. But seriously, I will keep my eyes open as well.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Dave I would check Ebay, Archerytalk, Craigslist, Kijiiji and several others

Silver Spackle .... ???? Custom one off paint job? Ie: not a factory paint scheme ..... I seem to recall the 06 Hoyt target colors were either solid colors or "Fusion" witch were like Lightening bolts and electric arc looking things

Dont suppose you know the SN? do ya ?

Elkhound
08-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Dave I would check Ebay, Archerytalk, Craigslist, Kijiiji and several others

Thats what I would do as well.....and welcome to HBC

Bigbear
08-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I will Keep My ears and Eyes open In the Puddle aswell

dave*
08-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the support and keeping an eye for things , I will do the same,

Paint Job was stock shiny blue black riser with what I called silver "spackle" on the top half which I gues could have been lightening/arc type of paint job.

I had bought the bow used thru Boormans , the original owner had done a trade in to upgrade.

I have already been keeping an eye on Craigslist/EBAY/Buy&Sell etc taken a tour of pawn shops, notified all the local archers I know at all the local clubs, and given Boormans the heads up. Infact that is how I found this forum was searching for used bows in BC.

Now on a positive note..

Just went out and picked up a Detlef ( DS ) target sight from the man himself this morning to replace the old Copper John EVO 2. All I can say is WOW!!!!! The Ninth generation Detlef is an amazing piece of functioning artwork ( assuming you are a fan of billet machined aluminum )

Just for fun I bolted it up to my 08 APA mamba X1 on the way home. I now have 130 yard sight markings( that had me at the metal gate of the kensington range) with enough left to easily accurately shoot out to 150 on the pin, probably 170 yard if I do a pin hold over.
Rednecks should not be allowed to mix speed bows with FITA gear LOL.

Dave*