PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry this thing

mikeinajeep
08-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I love this crossbow and practice alot with it. I have a high end range finder and think I will do very well hunting this year but how the hell do you carry this thing with out making so much noise that dead things move away.

brotherjack
08-29-2009, 06:03 PM
You don't. (at least, I've never figured out how to with mine, either). It's one of the reasons I switched back to vertical bow last year. (though, with my rotator cuff's giving me grief on both sides, I may be back to crossbow for this year again).

sobirch
08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Very slowly and carefully, you will probably get closer to an animal then if you are carry a rifle just because you know of the potential for noise because you weren't paying attention. 100% concentration getting to your stand/blind and you will be okay

mikeinajeep
08-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank God!!!! I tried stalking a ten piont last weekend and thought I had gone lame over the off season. Between the quiver and the limbs it is like carrying a tv.

mikeinajeep
08-29-2009, 06:21 PM
I dont stand or hide!! I hunt! I think losing the quiver may help alot.

sobirch
08-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Okay, good luck Mike. And I agree, lose the quiver. No good at all when your stalking.

rocksteady
08-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I have a nice wide rifle strap on my X-Bow for walking....

I have taken my quiver off and it is now attached to my fanny pack, so its a hip type quiver....Helps a lot with noise etc....

As far as when you are stalking, no real way to lighten it up...

mikeinajeep
08-29-2009, 06:47 PM
I find the weight ok but I have a tac-vest that it clips to. Rapid clear and fire seems hindered by the safety being unreachable from the tigger. Only down side to the equinox.

SavageShooter
08-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Exactly why I went to a compound bow. I enjoy silently stalking, and the crossbow always felt like I was carrying a ladder out infront of me (only I was holding the one end).

SS

mikeinajeep
08-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I will work on it. I cant use a bow because of old injuries and I am getting away from guns to add more feel to hunting.