PDA

View Full Version : lac la hache

chris
08-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi everybody
The wife and I are headed out to lac la hach to stay in a bed and breakfast (her idea) but it conveniently coincides with hunting season (my idea) So does anybody know of any areas to check out for black bears in the end of sept? We are headed out to my usual deer camp in the beginning of oct but for those first couple of days we will be hanging around the lac la hache area. In order to get my 10 day hunt I have to spoil her with the B and B for a couple days. I have been up Timothy mtn area and have seen a couple blackies and some mulies but I really dont know the area too well.
thanks

Moose72
08-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Thats a good area for bears out the timothy way.

tomahawk
08-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Thats a good area for bears out the timothy way.

Agree, anywhere out towards the lake area.

Charlie
08-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi everybody
The wife and I are headed out to lac la hach to stay in a bed and breakfast (her idea) but it conveniently coincides with hunting season (my idea) So does anybody know of any areas to check out for black bears in the end of sept? We are headed out to my usual deer camp in the beginning of oct but for those first couple of days we will be hanging around the lac la hache area. In order to get my 10 day hunt I have to spoil her with the B and B for a couple days. I have been up Timothy mtn area and have seen a couple blackies and some mulies but I really dont know the area too well.
thanks

This is related to the Lodge you are staying at more than the hunting...

If you are staying at the Big log structure on 97 b&b (There are 2, the first one on the right headed north) right after Clancy's, call and make sure they got new mattresses. They were very uncomfortable when I stayed there. The Dutch family who ran it were awesome however...

bearhunter338-06
08-29-2009, 07:27 PM
I would sujest any where in the bush. Hunted that area a few times, in several diferent areas lots of bears around.

srupp
08-29-2009, 09:01 PM
some HUGE bears up towards Timothy...just turn ate the Hungry Bear diner..literally..

cheers

Steven

we were JUST @ Helena for the past 4 days smokey....

sr

chris
08-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys thats all I needed to know. Hopefully we can find one.

eastkoot
08-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Are those peck marks on your forehead???

chris
08-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Im sure its a joke but I dont get it. Peck marks????

Fisher-Dude
08-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Are those peck marks on your forehead???

*****!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

***** again!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tracker
08-30-2009, 06:59 PM

They are hardly noticeable pull your ball cap down a bit ..:mrgreen:

goodluck with the black bear it will be your turn then...:wink: