PDA

View Full Version : Campfire bann still on ???

tracker
08-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Is the camp fire ban still on in the Kamloops fire region?

On the web site I just looked at ,the campfire ban for the entire kamloops forest region will come back into affect at noon monday august 31st .???

Its going to be a chilly youth season without a fire at night exspecially at certain elevations...

showtimebc
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
several fires here in the area and no rain for as long as I can remember, I didn't know the ban was currently off.

M.Dean
08-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Real sure the ban is still on. To stay warm, just camp at the nearest forest fire!!! We got lots!!!

slicky72
08-28-2009, 09:04 PM
yikes I hope we get some rain for you guys soon

xcaribooer
08-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I bought one of these propane campfires. pretty slick unit. I was ok using it at powell river 2 weeks ago but I see that they are not ok in some provincial campsites..I could have sold 6 of them when I was in PR

T300WSM
08-28-2009, 09:28 PM
I would think the camp fire ban will be on until snow flies, unless we get a few weeks of heavy rain. The bush is very dry and with the bug kill this is the worst fire season in a long time.
I just did a quick count on the fire site and this is the stats they are posting.

71 Helicopters
1068 Men
142 Heavy Equipment
A total of 121,258 HA of land are on fire and very little is under control.
There is no break in the weather for the next 30 days.

tracker
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
here is the link I have been looking at .. www.bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp (http://www.bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp)

mark
08-28-2009, 09:53 PM
here is the link I have been looking at .. www.bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp (http://www.bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp)

So what I get from this site....fires are allowed in PG, what about the peace and farther north????

Slee
08-28-2009, 09:56 PM
So what I get from this site....fires are allowed in PG, what about the peace and farther north????

just click on the area you want to know more about. they have maps of areas that still have bans. A most of the kamloops fire region has been off the fire ban since the 17th...... We were having fires in the clearwater last week. cooled off to 5C at night on our camping trip..

http://bcwildfire.ca/AboutUs/Organization/PrinceGeorge/Zones/

bad arrow
08-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Real sure the ban is still on. To stay warm, just camp at the nearest forest fire!!! We got lots!!!

Thats funny because its true, it sure is dry and no rain in sight, calling for dry lightening over the weekend and I remember one time fire season lasted until oct.

Caveman
08-28-2009, 09:59 PM

Mark, the PG fire district takes everything east and north of PG, to Alberta and the Yukon. You're good where you're going. I looked at it today myself

lunatic
08-28-2009, 11:20 PM

I posted back on August 14th the day the ban was rescinded. Next weekend the forecast is for rain all weekend with highs of about 8*.

Walksalot
08-29-2009, 06:20 AM
http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/49169/Campfire-ban-going-back-into-effect

Little Hawk
08-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Don't know about the rest of you guys' but I won't even consider going into the bush if I can't have my campfire.

It's like dancing without music!

When it gets to be about logging companies leaning on government to secure their assets at the expense of the quality of time we have in the bush while camping - I get real irked.

I'll never buy one of those propane campfire units because - sure as hell - some 'A-hole' politician will table the idea that all of us should us them from here on in...

Camping is bar-none my favorite thing to do and I'll count myself among the front-line battling those who could care less about this precious pastime.

demlake
08-29-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm surprised it's been lifted in PG.

It's still as dry as I've ever seen it in the bush up here.

Cooling off at night, but still warming up to 25 or so in the afternoon.

Hopefully everyone recognizes conditions, and takes care with their fires.

RiverOtter
08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't know about the rest of you guys' but I won't even consider going into the bush if I can't have my campfire.

When it gets to be about logging companies leaning on government to secure their assets at the expense of the quality of time we have in the bush while camping - I get real irked.

Camping is bar-none my favorite thing to do and I'll count myself among the front-line battling those who could care less about this precious pastime.

Where did you come up with that tidbit of Bull$hit........?

If only to point out the obvious, there is a **** of a lot more at stake than a bunch of bug killed wood or even good wood for that matter, if/when a campfire gets out of hand. It is freaking dry year, and all things considered, the BCFS has been fairly gracious with allowing campfires this summer period.

doubled
08-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Kamloops region goes to a FULL campfire ban effective Monday, Sep 1.

RiverOtter
08-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Kamloops region goes to a FULL campfire ban effective Monday, Sep 1.

Actually, it's Monday August 31.....;-)

showtimebc
08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
kamloops is in a cloud of smoke today, worst day of the year so far (that I've experienced anyhow).