PDA

View Full Version : Hey Buffalo, Let That BCHunter Go!

Jagermeister
12-19-2005, 07:18 AM
I wonder if BCHunter feel off the edge of the world chasing after that buffalo?

DBM
12-19-2005, 07:26 AM
He was telling me he'd hold out as long as possible for a big one, he'll be back for Christmas then he'll head back out on the 26th if need be. (That'd be getting expensive!)

mark
12-19-2005, 09:10 AM
He was telling me he'd hold out as long as possible for a big one, he'll be back for Christmas then he'll head back out on the 26th if need be. (That'd be getting expensive!)

ive done it before . its a hard thing to be selective at. for 1 were not used to seeing buff much and for 2 they all look huge if by themselves. the only time ya can tell big from huge is if there is a group of them, then it makes it very difficult for a shot. my bud and i got our bulls and thought we had big ones, turns out they were medium to small! good eaters though!

BCHunter
12-19-2005, 09:34 AM
got home last night...2 days of scouting..nothing! another 2 days of hunting...nothing...we drove 30 miles in and walked up mountains to view other sides..nothing! even the four other hunters saw nothing! all the locals are saying that the bison came in witht he snow and left with the snow...

I ended coming home early for 3 reasons...one no animals just a TONNE of elk, two my buddy flipped his quad over backwards and was fine and only suffered a sore tail bone and a roughed up quad..the repair cost is going to hurt! a rental machine!!! and three i shortly later that day wipped out...we thought we spotted a bison a few valleys away and we new there were other hunters making their way in to our valley so we rushed to get the the other valley..i was leading and going a little fast and run into a tree that was on the quad trail hitting my tire dead on..breaking the seal and making me turn instantly tossing me off! I landed on a set of downed trees on my ribs! the quad ended up on its side... I'm in so much pain right now! everything hurts! breathing, coughing..man am i messed up. Even my arms hurt from getting torn off the quad...to boot we had to drive the 24 miles out! a slow ride...

oh and to boot it wasn't a bison, it was an elk!

I'll post more about the trip and pics, I have a few things to do...the doctors first thing this morning...unpack

CanAm500
12-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Ouch!!! :???:

Fred
12-19-2005, 10:38 AM
You should have stopped to see Bill on the way back Danny, who would have known!! :wink: :grin: Fred

ex bc guide
12-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I tried to tell him that but ut would just not be the same he said!
Mike

mark
12-19-2005, 11:24 AM
got home last night...2 days of scouting..nothing! another 2 days of hunting...nothing...we drove 30 miles in and walked up mountains to view other sides..nothing! even the four other hunters saw nothing! all the locals are saying that the bison came in witht he snow and left with the snow...

I ended coming home early for 3 reasons...one no animals just a TONNE of elk, two my buddy flipped his quad over backwards and was fine and only suffered a sore tail bone and a roughed up quad..the repair cost is going to hurt! a rental machine!!! and three i shortly later that day wipped out...we thought we spotted a bison a few valleys away and we new there were other hunters making their way in to our valley so we rushed to get the the other valley..i was leading and going a little fast and run into a tree that was on the quad trail hitting my tire dead on..breaking the seal and making me turn instantly tossing me off! I landed on a set of downed trees on my ribs! the quad ended up on its side... I'm in so much pain right now! everything hurts! breathing, coughing..man am i messed up. Even my arms hurt from getting torn off the quad...to boot we had to drive the 24 miles out! a slow ride...

oh and to boot it wasn't a bison, it was an elk!

I'll post more about the trip and pics, I have a few things to do...the doctors first thing this morning...unpack

man that sucks danny, i was dyin to see yer buf pics! there hasnt been a fresh kill pic here since my last buck! im goin through withdrawls! guess im a junkie! thats huntin though all trips are not a success!

BCHunter
12-19-2005, 11:40 AM
man that sucks danny, i was dyin to see yer buf pics! there hasnt been a fresh kill pic here since my last buck! im goin through withdrawls! guess im a junkie! thats huntin though all trips are not a success!

its not over yet! if i feel better I will go back up...

todbartell
12-19-2005, 01:09 PM
how much hang time did you get in the air when you were launched from your quad? :eek: :lol: :mrgreen:

BCHunter
12-19-2005, 01:48 PM
no hang time at all, it was a fast toss down onto my side..my ribs. The rifle seemed not to be touched at all..but i will get to the range wehn i feel better.

I hope to get back there...great country.

I did find a dead eaten bison calf and a abandoned snowmachine with a broken ski 20 mils back...

steel_ram
12-19-2005, 05:04 PM
When we went, we took one bison down and held off taken our second figuring it was easy hunting and we had enough work cut out for us for one day.
Well as it happened, that herd of ~100 animal vamooshed and we didn't see another for the whole trip. Did a great stalk on a stray horse though.

We almost lost a snow machine crossing the partially frozen Sikanni Chief and flipped a passenger of a sled when we hit a frozen cow pie, but no major injuries to report.

Tank
12-19-2005, 05:48 PM
......Pics!?

boonerbuck
12-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I've had some pretty good tosses off my quad. Twice in a row trying to conquer this muther of a hill into the alpine. I'm getting pretty good at launching myself so I don't get rolled on...except that one time when I was trying to walk my quad out of a big ditch in reverse. I tripped, the quad cat walked and rolled pinning me under it for 10 minutes. The engine had my ankle pinned on a sharp rock with my body facing the wrong way. I went home in the morning because my ankle was swollen to grapefruit proportions. Hey, at least I didnt have to sleep under the quad. I made it all the way back to my truck.:grin:

Elkhound
12-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear Danny, get better over Christmas then get your ass back up there so the rest of us can live out a Bison hunt through you. Pics?

ex bc guide
12-21-2005, 02:29 PM
I think he will be back at her asap!
Mike

olek_Z_bc
12-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Did a great stalk on a stray horse though.

Now that made me smile. :) I'm sure it made you laugh once you realized what you were stalking. :wink::-)

REDGREEN
12-21-2005, 02:51 PM
The things that happen when no one has a camera! Get well soon and get back there and " GIT ER DONE"

Steeleco
12-21-2005, 03:43 PM
By the sounds of things I'm supprised the camera isn't busted up too!! Heal fast Danny, Spring bear is sooner than you think!!!

cwocarsten
12-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Could have been worse. Ya could have wounded a Bison and mad Bison get even. At least you know if you can feel the pain then you are still alive. Did you hunt the other side of the Blueberry Band Ranch? There's still alot of Bison there.