PDA

View Full Version : North Thompson FSR Closure

dana
08-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Just to give a heads up to those that have LEH draws for goat or moose in 3-44, the North Thompson FSR has been closed at 0km for several weeks now, due to a large fire in the valley that is being left to burn itself out. They say if we don't get some serious wet weather soon, the road closure could be in effect until well into Oct. This could drastically affect some of the hunting plans for those who have draws in the area. There are fire wardens stationed at 0 km 24/7. There is no access beyond that point.

LYKTOHUNT
08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Just to give a heads up to those that have LEH draws for goat or moose in 3-44, the North Thompson FSR has been closed at 0km for several weeks now, due to a large fire in the valley that is being left to burn itself out. They say if we don't get some serious wet weather soon, the road closure could be in effect until well into Oct. This could drastically affect some of the hunting plans for those who have draws in the area. There are fire wardens stationed at 0 km 24/7. There is no access beyond that point.
Sort of related to this post,I have a trip planned for 2nd week of Sept on the Shulap range just south of the Yalacom river and with the fires in that area I was wondering if any one can give me an update as to whether the road is open along the Yalacom or current situations in that area. Thanks