PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Park at McCulloch Lake - Meeting Thursday!

Fisher-Dude
08-26-2009, 06:12 AM
For those interested, there's a regional park proposed for the whole periphery of McCulloch Lake - and it could possibly spell the end of hunting and fishing at Mculloch and the surrounding lakes as the water boards get de facto control of the area. It's the beginning of the end guys, unless we do what we can to maintain our access to these areas!

There's an info session at the EECO Center in Kelowna on Thursday, Aug 27, 5 - 7 pm for those who wish to give their input. I encourage you to show up. Even if McCulloch is not your destination of choice, this is IMO the first of many Crown land areas in the Okanagan to be converted to the control of local politicians, and you should be heard on the issue. Don't stand by until it's too late!

http://www.regionaldistrict.com/docs/parks/HydraulicNewspaper%20Ad_rev1.pdf

mark
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Not that I hunt there much, but I would show up there on principle alone if I didnt have a swarm of family showing up on that day! :-(

Fisher-Dude
08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Mark, I just read today that they are also trying to get their claws on the Spion Kopje in Lake Country! Lots of guys hunt up there! This is a BAD precedent, IMO!

Fisher-Dude
08-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm sure they will have to put in amenities for the woods-dumb yuppies. Of course, what chance do you have to hunt there if some yuppie is wandering around looking for an outhouse?

Fisher-Dude
08-28-2009, 06:42 AM
i was unable to go but curious about what the damage is or will be.

When I have time, I'll give a full synopsis. For now, the biggest issues are:

- no hunting from McCulloch to Myra FSR at Turtle Lake
- no ATVs
- no wilderness camping
- no firewood gathering
- no snowmobiling

I think that's a problem - big problem.

Seabass
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Brutle. I fished up that way when I lived there. I sure hope all the fishermen/hunters get together and stop this. Get the media involved and start turning that squeeky wheel...

mark
08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
When I have time, I'll give a full synopsis. For now, the biggest issues are:

- no hunting from McCulloch to Myra FSR at Turtle Lake
- no ATVs
- no wilderness camping
- no firewood gathering
- no snowmobiling

I think that's a problem - big problem.

Ahh great, so its useless then! And whos gonna enforce this??? The layed off CO's, or the layed off park rangers????

Going Hot
08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Definitey need to stop the restricting of crown lands to outdoor sports people, as there is less and less each year. Makes you wonder who's making the money on this deal as there usually a benefactor, unfortunately it won't be your average outdoors person!