PDA

View Full Version : Westwood plateau

kako99
08-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Just wonering if any members bow hunt up in westwood plateau?
I have seen lots of big deer up there.

Ddog
08-24-2009, 09:27 PM
i know of a few, i did a few years back (5-7) some great BT's there.

kako99
08-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I can't seem to find any thing on burke mountain is that open for bows as well? I know there is alot of hikers up there I wouldnt wanna draging a dead buck behind me while passing one of them. you know any good open areas?

bearhunter338-06
08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
When I lived in Coquitlam I looked into hunting Up westwood plateau with my bow as I have done a lot of 4x4ing up there. Yes there is a lot of big blackies around. If I remember corectly you had be be carefull of the city limites, as the plateu is allso in the city limites.

As for Burke Pinecone Park (Burke Mountain) I allso spent a few weekend up there 4x4ing, yes there is a lot of hikers up there as well as the people walking around with tin foil on there heads, (I'm not kidding) looking for UFO's. I would hike or quad up to the top, or consintrate around Munrow lake. if you are lucky enough to know some one with a cabin up on Burke then your Laughing.

Hope this helps.

P.S Yes I was named affter Burke Mountain
Burke

ghost
08-25-2009, 05:36 AM
I have hiked up Burke for close to 30 years there are lots of deer and bear.If you have a lower mainland hunting map,you will notice that coquitlam city limits extends all the way up to dennett lake.Munroe is a one and a half to two hour hike,Dennett is an other half hour or so to reach it.The top of Burke is loaded with wild blue berries.Bring rubber boots with you.

4570hunter
08-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Ghost, Is there hunting up there at Dennett lake then?
I have never been up there before I saw some pictures online though.
Looks like nice trails and possibly some nice deer habitat and bear.
Has anyone hunted this area before I would be interested in exploring it
for a day.

Ghost it sounds like you have been up there a few times, what have you seen? Any meadows or food areas or salt licks that would attract game?

rollingrock
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
That's some serious hike. I've done that a few times from Quarry Rd.

dino
08-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I have hiked up Burke for close to 30 years there are lots of deer and bear.If you have a lower mainland hunting map,you will notice that coquitlam city limits extends all the way up to dennett lake.Munroe is a one and a half to two hour hike,Dennett is an other half hour or so to reach it.The top of Burke is loaded with wild blue berries.Bring rubber boots with you.
now tell him the your secret spot where I know you will be come opening day.