PDA

View Full Version : Oyama Meats

bearhunter338-06
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Can anyone give me the phone Number for Oyama Meats. Tried looking it up but no luck.

Thanks
Burke

Tikatack
08-24-2009, 02:31 PM
They relocated to Vancouver and are now on Granville Isl. While they may have split up or sold off the original location, I know for sure that they don't have a license for game cutting or processing - I already asked long ago. You can call them though to find out whether they've got any facilities upcountry. Let me know 'cause their sausages can't be beat: www.oyamasausage.ca (http://www.oyamasausage.ca)

d6dan
08-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I looked them up on 411 directory and thats what I got. I was thinking , that can't be?, I know where the shop is. used to drive by it on trips to Salmon Arm..Their website does'nt say if they process wild game.

mgnm300
08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
oyama sausage doesn't handle game anymore. if you're looking for an excellent butcher and awesome sausage maker ,,you might want to try sundowner meats in winfield. i've bin dealing with him for years and have found nothing that compares to his finished product

Mik
08-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Hank Penninga in Kelowna, does an excellent job, cutting,wrapping and sausage.......#6-2670 Enterprise way...250-862-3098...He even gives you the bones back.

There is also a new butcher in Cherryville, along the straight stretch before the Golf coarse, on the river side. I lost the number,look for the yellow moose sign on the hydro pole. You can drop off the entire animal, he will even skin it out for you.

Fisher-Dude
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
oyama sausage doesn't handle game anymore. if you're looking for an excellent butcher and awesome sausage maker ,,you might want to try sundowner meats in winfield. i've bin dealing with him for years and have found nothing that compares to his finished product

Sundowner destroyed a deer of mine. Ground all the deer fat into the hamburger and left all the fat on the steaks and roasts. BARF! The dog seemed to enjoy it, but I'd rather have eaten that September whitetail buck myself. I wouldn't let them cut up a squirrel for me after that disappointment. :|

Springfield Meats makes pretty good sausage - he's done a good job on everything I've taken him so far. He's certainly clean and takes the time to trim out any fat or shot up areas. Sometimes it takes a while for your sausage when he's really busy, but I'd rather wait a few weeks than get Deer Fat & Shrapnel Smokies from Sundowner.