PDA

View Full Version : Need new taxidermist

willyqbc
08-24-2009, 11:35 AM
My local taxidermist here is retiring and I am wanting to get my bear done up into a rug so I am looking for some info on taxidermists. Does anyone know what Kevin Reimer calls his shop? or possibly you have a phone number for him? Any suggestions for a good reliable taxidermist that is competatively priced anywhere near Quesnel? I will consider taxi's from further so feel free to suggest one from throughout the province! I will probably give Ray Wiens a call as well as he is a supporter of the site!

Thanks for any info
Chris

Jagermeister
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Who was your 'dermist Chris, the one that is retiring?

srupp
08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
HMMMM Chris..I HIGHLY recomend Stephen Rutherford here in Williams Lake..he did a great job on a black bear her 2 years ago..photo was onsite her also...

He is on Pigeon rd 150 mile house

cheers Srupp

willyqbc
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Dennis, I have used Debbie at Woodland taxidermy here in the past but after talking to her she is pretty sure she's not going to be taking anything in this year as she wants to retire and it will take her a while to clear out the stuff she has in now.

Srupp, would you mind emailing me a pic of that rug, or post a link to it for me? I'd appreciate it! Would you happen to have a number for Rutherford?

Thanks
Chris

Pete
08-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Bryan Munroe in McBride, Bernie Jager in Vernon, Kevin Reimer in Enderby, Ken Schultz Vernon, Hayes Niemier in Spallumcheen, Harley White Kelowna, Barry Kilback Penticton just to name a few.

srupp
08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Stephen Rutherford... 250-296-4122
250-303-0960

I will try and get some photos up..they were on THIS site...check SRUPP past posts..re black bear rug..:roll:

steven

I was also VERY impressed with Harley Whites bears in his shop last week..

Sr

Jagermeister
08-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, that is too bad if she retires. She has been at it a long time and has done some really nice work. I was talking to Daryl the other night about the phantom spike/fork horn season. He never mentioned a word about her retirement. He was to phone in a day or two and I will ask. She certainly has been a stalwart in the BC Taxidermy business.
Dennis, I have used Debbie at Woodland taxidermy here in the past but after talking to her she is pretty sure she's not going to be taking anything in this year as she wants to retire and it will take her a while to clear out the stuff she has in now.

Srupp, would you mind emailing me a pic of that rug, or post a link to it for me? I'd appreciate it! Would you happen to have a number for Rutherford?

Thanks
Chris

srupp
08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Chris photos are under mainland hyunting here "2007 spring black bear..

steven

killman
08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Marty here in PG is good, Majestic taxidermy

Wild Images
08-25-2009, 06:36 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19147

srupps bear rug post

pitbell
08-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Another vote for Marty Loring in PG.

Majestic Taxidermy