PDA

View Full Version : Sheep on the vedder.

Moose72
08-23-2009, 12:51 AM
A buddy and i were out on the Vedder fishing for steelhead a few years ago, 4 or 5. We were up at the Ranger run i think it was called and while casting away i noticed something moving around just across the river. After watching for a bit i seen a few sheep come out of the brush, have a drink and back into the brush. When they reached the large bank aways through the brush there were quite a few of them. Anyone else seen them up there? And if so What kinda sheep are they? Rockies?

EvanG
08-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I heard from a guy that said he saw sheep on mt cheam (made sure he new the diff between goats and sheep) I thought bullshit. I donno what to say.
domestic raised?

Moose72
08-23-2009, 12:57 AM
I know they weren't deer and there were probably a dozen. Looked like ewes, it was around april. Looked like rockies but???

08-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Well I don't know about sheep ... but I know I saw a wack of Elk up there in March a few years back, ... had to be 30 or more.
I would think if you saw sheep they were only moving through the area.

CT

digger dogger
08-23-2009, 08:06 AM
i spend alot of time around the vedder, i've heard the elk stories & have seen the tracks.. i beleive the elk have been killed already,and the goats keep getting poached. i've never heard of wild sheep up there, but it would be cool if there are. i'll ask the co out this way.

THE SWEDE
08-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Domestics..Not sheep habitat in any way

open-sights
08-23-2009, 09:49 AM
fun sponge!!!

Deerwhacker
08-23-2009, 09:01 PM
There are some domestics roaming the riverbanks . One time i couldent even make my way back down stream and had to poke them with my drift rod (upper river).As for it not being proper habitat i seen a couple of bighorn rams cruising around the whipsaw vally bottom last season without any "sheep habitat" for miles.