PDA

View Full Version : 7-20A elk season question

chinooker
08-22-2009, 07:01 PM
In the elk season section of the regs for 7-20A it says 3pt bulls and antlerless are open but on the first page of 7B there is a notice to hunters that talks about private land hunts for landowners that register in a program so anyone know what the deal is on this.

Belle
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
There is a e-mail address and a toll free number you can call and be put on a list which the land owners would contact you, I think. This is the first time I have tried this as well and am waiting for a call as I am heading up on Sept 3 for the 3 point and anterless season. We were up in Dawson Creeck a couple of years ago for the LEH anterless draw in January and we went through Corlane sports who coordinated with the land owners, but they're not coordinating it this year. Has anyone else been contacted through this new process?

elkdom
08-23-2009, 11:13 AM
the early season GOS for 3 point or better and GOS antler less elk in reg 7B (7-20a) is not part of the (Coordinated LEH Elk "late season hunt"), Dec 01 until Feb 28 8)

the Sept until Oct 31, GOS season for 3 point or better bulls and antler less elk in zone 7-20a, if you seek only Private land? that is first come basis!! and up to the hunter to find permission!

but the early, Deer and Elk 7-20a GOS , ALSO includes huge areas of Crown land! accessible to anyone in a legal open hunting season,8)

chinooker
08-23-2009, 08:21 PM
thanks for the info guys.:biggrin:

Belle
08-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Just got a reply e-mail today from the Peace.hunt@gov.bc.ca coordinator asking me for more information so we can be placed on their list of hunters wishing to hunt on private land during the GOS. It may mean a side trip to Fort St. John to get maps, lists and sign some documents but this could turn out to be a good thing. I'll keep posting any new info that comes up.