PDA

View Full Version : Fire in Clinton

Jager
08-22-2009, 11:03 AM
I know that there a lot of members that like to hunt or have hunted the Clinton area and thought you might like to know there's evacuation notices along Jesmond road. My Aunt used to own the Kelly Lake Ranch and and it's sad to think all the historic buildings could be lost. I hope no one gets hurt and the forest service can protect their homes.

Fire evacuation ordered near Clinton, B.C.

Last Updated: Friday, August 21, 2009 | 7:21 AM PT

CBC News (http://www.huntingbc.ca/news/credit.html)

A forest fire that has been burning in the mountains of southern B.C. for three weeks has now forced dozens of residents from their homes.
In recent days the Kelly Lake fire has doubled in size to nearly 60 square kilometres and is threatening ranches and resorts in the Arden Park and Pear Lake areas north of Pavilion and west of Clinton, about 400 kilometres northeast of Vancouver. Fire officials said gusty winds caused this fire to grow aggressively on Thursday, crossing Jesmond and High Bar roads.
Evacuation order:

All properties on Jesmond Road from and including Kelly Lake and Arden Park, north to the Big Bar Ferry Road intersection, and including all properties on High Bar Road west to Davies Ranch and East to Porcupine Creek Road.

Just before 10 p.m. PT Thursday, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District and the Thompson-Nicola Regional District ordered people in an area out of their homes. Affected residents and visitors were told to check in at a reception centre at the Clinton Elementary School.
The cause of the fire is not known and the Forest Service said the blaze remains uncontained despite the work of 49 firefighters and seven helicopters. var storyUrl = window.location.href; LicenseUrl = storyUrl.match(/\/20.*\.html/); var listSpan = document.getElementsByTagName("span"); for(var i = 0; i < listSpan.length; i++) { if(listSpan[i].className.match("icopyright")) { var link0 = "http://license.icopyright.net/3.8471?icx_id=" + LicenseUrl; listSpan[i].innerHTML = "LICENSE | "; } } for(var i = 0; i < listSpan.length; i++) { if(listSpan[i].className.match("iemail")) { var link1 = "http://license.icopyright.net/g1/3.8471?icx_id=" + LicenseUrl; listSpan[i].innerHTML = "EMAIL | "; } } for(var i = 0; i < listSpan.length; i++) { if(listSpan[i].className.match("iprint")) { var link2 = "http://license.icopyright.net/g2/3.8471?icx_id=" + LicenseUrl; listSpan[i].innerHTML = "PRINT | "; } }

brenden
08-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll likely be there sometime Sunday night. Just got back from the big one in the Momich lake area near Clearwater.

BigfishCanada
08-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I just found out 80 hectares near my Pinantan Cabin are on fire, its located just off of pritchard and the water bombers are dealing with it.

Man these fires make me nervous...

mark
08-22-2009, 03:50 PM
I drove home from 100 mile the other day, from 100 mile to cache cr. the skies were BLACK!!!!! Clinton was hard to breath! I figured the lilloette fire had gone wild, lots of my old hunting spots burned out im guessing, usually a good thing!

frenchbar
08-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I drove home from 100 mile the other day, from 100 mile to cache cr. the skies were BLACK!!!!! Clinton was hard to breath! I figured the lilloette fire had gone wild, lots of my old hunting spots burned out im guessing, usually a good thing!Thers going to be some nice burns to hunt in a couple yrs :smile:

Ken the Kanuck
08-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm trying to figure out where the fire is. Is it burning down the old road past Pear Lake that runs down to the Fraser?

Thanks KTK

popcan
08-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Ken, if you know the clearing at the end of Kelly Lake road, where there is the remains of a burned out house.... and from there go by quad down towards the Fraser.... the fire is up there a ways. North of where we took pics of the old mining site on the other side.

Gilmore
08-22-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm trying to figure out where the fire is. Is it burning down the old road past Pear Lake that runs down to the Fraser?

Thanks KTK

From what I understand it's north of there but not by much.

Ken the Kanuck
08-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys,

I talked to my wife an hour or so ago and she didn't mention the smoke. Maybe it's blowing a different way. Popcan you know when you are heading down to the river there is a road which takes off to the right up into the mountains it has some nice deer in there and Blues farther up. Also right where that road is there are quiggly holes.

KTK

KevinB
08-22-2009, 10:24 PM
There is a map of the current fire boundary here.

http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Photos.asp?Folder=300&Count=16

humble hunter
08-23-2009, 09:14 AM
just talked to my uncle in law, all their stuff is packed into trailers and they are ready to go. The fire is very close to their house and they are trying to save some of their cattle but they are boxed in on three sides by it. The fire is exactly in the area of my sept 10th pack in sheep hunt, I guess I will go help them with the clean up instead.

digger dogger
08-23-2009, 10:19 AM
my buddy in kamloops said he can see flames from his deck, @ the lion's head fire.. i asked if he had insurance, he said he doesn't think he's covered because the fire is an act of god..
does anyone know if that is correct.. (the wind is in his favor for now he tells me)

308Lover
08-23-2009, 10:25 AM
See! Someone else uses that term M.Potzold! Good luck on it. On ly your insurance company knows for sure. I am covered at my cabin--hope you are too.

Piperdown
08-23-2009, 11:59 AM
my buddy in kamloops said he can see flames from his deck, @ the lion's head fire.. i asked if he had insurance, he said he doesn't think he's covered because the fire is an act of god..
does anyone know if that is correct.. (the wind is in his favor for now he tells me)

Just got insurance on my new cabin, Fire is fire you are covered if you bought insurance. I specifically asked about fire coverage. If it was an act of vandalism and you did not have coverage for this then you are not covered!

hillclimber
08-24-2009, 05:37 PM
anybody have a recent update on how the fire is doing? how close is it to highway 97 and any danger of it jumping the highway?

thanks