PDA

View Full Version : Bag limit ?

killman
08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Ok something I never really understood. The regional limit for mule deer in region 7a is 3. Only one maybe a Antlered, and only one maybe anterless. So what the heck is the other one suppose to be?:?:

killman
08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Here it is in there words.

REGIONAL BAG LIMITS

4Deer: The bag limit for mule (blacktailed)
deer in Region 7A is three only
one of which may be a buck. The bag limit
for antlerless mule deer is one for adult
hunters and two for youth hunters, one in
the bow only season and one in the youth
only season. The bag limit for white-tailed
deer is one.

jrjonesy
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Sounds like it is essentially saying the regional limit is 3 if you are a youth hunter but 2 otherwise.

MuleyMadness
08-20-2009, 04:10 PM
It's saying that the bag limit for all deer (for adults) is 3, 2 muley's and a whitetail, which is what a lot of regions have (though many only have LEH for does)

killman
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
It's saying that the bag limit for all deer (for adults) is 3, 2 muley's and a whitetail, which is what a lot of regions have (though many only have LEH for does)

No it doesn't. It says the bag limit for mule/blacktail is 3:smile:

HD95
08-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Like many things in the regs...it's as clear as mud

Viking
08-20-2009, 08:01 PM
One buck and one antlerless for adults, subject to an antlerless season or LEH. A youth may take one buck and two antlerless. One antlerless in bow only season and one in youth only season.

MuleyMadness
08-20-2009, 10:43 PM
You are right Killman, I misread that...you lucky *******s up in 7a

c.r.hunter
08-20-2009, 10:47 PM
And one hermaphrodite?

hunter1947
08-21-2009, 06:54 AM
I would say that there saying that the second buck is allowed in 7A ,and the third being a mule deer doe.

BiG Boar
08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Maybe one mule and one black tail, and one white tail doe, plus if you dont take the blacktail, a whitetail will work, or a baby elk. If there are no small elk check for an immature carribou. Maybe if you shoot one, with a youth rifle (something non-magnum) you can take an extra one of either?

KevinB
08-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Here it is in there words.

REGIONAL BAG LIMITS

Deer: The bag limit for mule (blacktailed)
deer in Region 7A is three only
one of which may be a buck. The bag limit
for antlerless mule deer is one for adult
hunters and two for youth hunters, one in
the bow only season and one in the youth
only season. The bag limit for white-tailed

deer is one.

Seems pretty clear to me. The bag limit of 3 mule deer can only be reached if you are a youth hunter, and you shoot one buck in the regular season, one doe in the youth bow only antlerless season, and one doe in the regular youth only season. If you are not a youth hunter than your bag limit decreases to two.

camelsfoot
08-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Seems pretty clear to me. The bag limit of 3 mule deer can only be reached if you are a youth hunter, and you shoot one buck in the regular season, one doe in the youth bow only antlerless season, and one doe in the regular youth only season. If you are not a youth hunter than your bag limit decreases to two.

That's how I read it.

hunter1947
08-21-2009, 08:17 AM
That's how I read it.

If that is the case then I would think you can shoot the third one in a different region in order to fill the three mule tags and if you have already taken a doe in region 7A then the third deer must be a buck in a different region...

d6dan
08-21-2009, 08:19 AM
[quote=KevinB;499198]Seems pretty clear to me. The bag limit of 3 mule deer can only be reached if you are a youth hunter, and you shoot one buck in the regular season, one doe in the youth bow only antlerless season, and one doe in the regular youth only season. If you are not a youth hunter than your bag limit decreases to two.[/quote

Another way at looking at this,

1 mulie doe and 1 mulie buck.
1 mulie doe and 1 whitetail buck.

Adult hunters only get "2" deer. :shock:

7mag700
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM
In 7b it's 3 deer total. Only one Mulie buck, only one WT buck, plus one doe of either species. I'm betting the 3 mulie thing is a mistake.

7m7

Edit: Isn't it bullshizz that the regs are this hard to interpret :confused:

bighornbob
08-21-2009, 08:34 AM
If that is the case then I would think you can shoot the third one in a different region in order to fill the three mule tags and if you have already taken a doe in region 7A then the third deer must be a buck in a different region...

You are always allowed more deer in another region as long as you dont exceed the provincial bag limit (in this case 3 deer province wide, excluding the charlottes).

Those 3 deer can be any sex and mulie or whitey as long as you obey region limits.

So a hunter could shoot a mulie buck in each Region (3, 4 and 8) as long as he has three tags.

A different hunter could shoot 3 mulie does in the province (Archery doe in Region 8, LEH doe in region 5, and a regular season doe in Region 7.

A lot of different variables in the province to reach your 3 deer limit, you just obey each regions bag limits too.

BHB

d6dan
08-21-2009, 09:08 AM
In 7b it's 3 deer total. Only one Mulie buck, only one WT buck, plus one doe of either species. I'm betting the 3 mulie thing is a mistake.

7m7

Yeah, try figuring out page 8 Deer licenses. Now thats the definition of
confusion!. :eek::eek:

elkdom
08-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Yeah, try figuring out page 8 Deer licenses. Now thats the definition of
confusion!. :eek::eek:

NO confusion, everything is perfectly NORMAL!:?

Half of the population cannot read ENGLISH!

and the other half cannot write ENGLISH!

it is called "BILINGUALISM" !:shock:

mod7rem
08-22-2009, 10:06 AM
BIghornbob is right, dont confuse regional limits with provincial limits.

Ddog
08-22-2009, 11:01 AM
clear to me,,youth can take three deer, adults can take two. They are saying the bag limit is three for the sake of the youth hunters.

7mag700
08-22-2009, 11:33 AM

7m7

I must correct myself :redface: - It's only the case above if you include getting antlerless in 7-20 zone A.

7m7