PDA

View Full Version : My Skull taxidermy part 1. Pics attached

NoLimit99
08-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Well lets start off by saying this is the way I do it and we all have our ways here's mine.

First off I soft boiled my skulls with baking soda and a touch of soap till the meat started to separate from the skull can't be sure on the time as I dont pay attention but if I had to guess I would say about 2 to 2.5hours. Some people dig a hole and put them in it. What ever works I guess. If you boil them be prepared to have to deal with the wife yelling at you about how much it stinks so be prepared for that....lol because it reeks. Any who lets get back on track.

1.boil skull
2.clean skull off of meat/brains "flesh" Dont be alarmed if the jaw separates from each other and teeth fall out, fixing it is no biggy.
3.let cool, soak all pieces skull,jaw,teeth in 33% hydrogen peroxide till desired white.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/IMG_2787.jpg

Now comes the fun part.... Part 2 dealing with it & seeing it come together... :lol:

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/IMG_2788.jpg

Shall I continue?

d6dan
08-19-2009, 09:11 PM
By all means, continue. Looks interesting.:cool:

Philcott
08-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Man that's white. Look at the teeth.

bushguy
08-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Shall I continue?[/quote]

No,nobody cares,,,:tongue::tongue:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks great!

phoenix
08-19-2009, 09:56 PM
You don't degrease between the boiling and the bleaching? Where do you get your HP, that's got to be a couple of litres you have in that tote. I pay about $12 for a 1/2 litre of 35% at the local grow-op store, the only place I could find it that strong so that would be about $50 bucks worth for me:eek:.
Kim

NoLimit99
08-20-2009, 08:40 PM
You don't degrease between the boiling and the bleaching? Where do you get your HP, that's got to be a couple of litres you have in that tote. I pay about $12 for a 1/2 litre of 35% at the local grow-op store, the only place I could find it that strong so that would be about $50 bucks worth for me:eek:.
Kim

I forgot to mention after 1 hour of boiling I empty the water and start it again for the other hour because it gets pretty sick. The soap and soda act as a degreaser and then the peroxide is strong so it does the rest of the cleaning for me.