PDA

View Full Version : Kootenay cabins

ratherbefishin
08-19-2009, 07:23 AM
looking at the statistics, I see area 4 [kootenay]has one of the highest white tail populations,and I was wondering if there are any ranches, farms that have hunting cabins for rent,or even motels that cater to hunters.November can be cold and while I enjoy camping-having a cabin with a fire on is pretty nice to come back to after a days hunt-besides I'm not as young as I used to be...any suggestionsm or experiance?

hunter1947
08-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Lots of motels just before you come into cranbrook ,there also is a motel in the yahk town 25k before cranbrook.

Nuzguy
08-19-2009, 09:01 AM
What are the rules in BC about using bush cabins. I've seen some in the forest but never stopped to check them out? Are they legal? Are they public? Can they be booked for use?

Nuz

Ddog
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
lots of motels , hotels like Wayne said, i dont know of places that cater to hunters here, there is some bed and breakfast places that do not allow you to hunt on their property, Bull river guest ranch, Sheep haven B&B, Top of the world guest ranch are the ones i can think of.

Bush Cabins here in BC are generally guides cabins, however there are a few i know of that say all welcome and to leave it as you found it, if a cabin is on crown land and doesnt have a lock on it i would think that anyone can use it. I dont know of any specific rules that apply to a cabin on crown land.

08-19-2009, 12:13 PM
lots of motels , hotels like Wayne said, i dont know of places that cater to hunters here, there is some bed and breakfast places that do not allow you to hunt on their property, Bull river guest ranch, Sheep haven B&B, Top of the world guest ranch are the ones i can think of.

Bush Cabins here in BC are generally guides cabins, however there are a few i know of that say all welcome and to leave it as you found it, if a cabin is on crown land and doesnt have a lock on it i would think that anyone can use it. I dont know of any specific rules that apply to a cabin on crown land.

Just make sure before you leave the cabin that you smash all the windows and destroy the stove, preferably beyond repair, as that seems to be the "custom" in BC....

08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
looking at the statistics, I see area 4 [kootenay]has one of the highest white tail populations,and I was wondering if there are any ranches, farms that have hunting cabins for rent,or even motels that cater to hunters.November can be cold and while I enjoy camping-having a cabin with a fire on is pretty nice to come back to after a days hunt-besides I'm not as young as I used to be...any suggestionsm or experiance?

PM Riflebuilder, I believe he owns the motel at Skookumchuk and definitely caters to hunters.