PDA

View Full Version : Nevis Creek Cabins

leatherlungs
08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know who the new owners are of the cabins up in Nevis Creek?

Scott

hunter1947
08-18-2009, 05:30 PM
They used to belong to Browns Guiding sevice.

willy442
08-18-2009, 07:53 PM
They used to belong to Browns Guiding sevice.

Man you're going back along time. The present owner is Paul Gillis. His number can be found in Fort Nelson and/or Kamloops. Paul usually sublets the camp to some one. Then they usually service the resident hunters in what ever capacity the hunter wants to pay for. I do have his email and will send him a note to find out. Takes him a couple days sometimes to reply.

Fisher-Dude
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
The Gillis's were very accomodating when I was up at Redfern. Nice folks.

http://www.pris.bc.ca/walkabout/

leatherlungs
08-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks willy I will wait to hear from you.

willy442
08-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Endre Pipic Phone# 604-812-9821. Paul says he is very hard to get ahold of. He has based a young fellow at Nevis that used to work for some G/O's up north. He did not know how booked up the place was but suggests you leave a message on the above number and Endre will return your call via sat phone. Good Luck

hunter1947
08-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Man you're going back along time. The present owner is Paul Gillis. His number can be found in Fort Nelson and/or Kamloops. Paul usually sublets the camp to some one. Then they usually service the resident hunters in what ever capacity the hunter wants to pay for. I do have his email and will send him a note to find out. Takes him a couple days sometimes to reply.

Willy 442 you got that right ,thats was 40 years ago http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif .

leatherlungs
09-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Just an update. I got a hold of him and booked a cabin. Now cant wait to get up there in oct.

bridger
09-18-2009, 06:59 AM
the real owner is a guy from austria that bought it from gillis last fall. he will be taking over the guiding area ths fall and the cabins next year. another another guiding area now operated by non residents. a real shame as that area has a lot of history to it.

RiverBoatFantasy
09-18-2009, 08:10 AM
the real owner is a guy from austria that bought it from gillis last fall. he will be taking over the guiding area ths fall and the cabins next year. another another guiding area now operated by non residents. a real shame as that area has a lot of history to it.

Sounds like a great place for BC hunters to go hunting. Nothing like extending a warm welcome to the new owner.