PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Moose Today

Rock Doctor
08-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Well, after getting my moose this morning, I went to watch my kids do their gymnastics, then my hunting partner picked me up at about 3:30 for an evening hunt. He made a nice 250yrd shot at this little guy, a little high in the hump, but folded it just the same.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/RockDocPhoto/Animals%202009/DSC01710-1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/RockDocPhoto/Animals%202009/DSC01708.jpg

LOL, those of you that hate me:tongue:, maybe you should get out from behind your computer and take your frustrations out on a moose. The fricken things are everywhere out there:wink:. LOL

bowhunterbruce
08-17-2009, 11:16 PM
man 2 in 1 day gotta love it,i sure hope me and the mrs conect on our moose that easy when we come up to 7-23 for the last 10 day of sept.that way we can really focus on the grizzly tag getting filled and with a little more luck maybe even a 6 point.
what do ya think ....possible??????
after seeing you be part of 2 mooseys in 1 day ,i'm thinkng ya it could very well happen .
bruce

cainer
08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Come on- 2 in 1 day!? You got an infestation up there or what? Sometimes I don't even see 2 squirrels in 1 day, and those things are everywhere.
Nice work all the same.

wetcoastwillie
08-17-2009, 11:54 PM
OK, now you're just pissin me off :lol:

hunter1947
08-18-2009, 04:56 AM
Well done job on your hunting partners part ,that bull will be a darn good eater ,congrats to him as for yourself on getting your two bulls ,PS I would be out from behind my computer but its to far to drive in order to go for a morning hunt or evening LOL.

M.Dean
08-18-2009, 06:11 AM
For some of us it takes longer to get our hair cut than it takes you guys to get your moose!!! Good Job!!!

ratherbefishin
08-18-2009, 06:17 AM
how are you managing to keep the meat cooled down?

Blainer
08-18-2009, 06:21 AM
That was a good day.

whitespringer
08-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Two full freezers in one day. Sweeeet!:D

NaStY
08-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Very nice job.

buckguy
08-18-2009, 06:52 AM
What a tease. Nice looking critter. Hope the luck pays off when we hit Pink. Thats the perk to being in that enviroment. You do not have to travel 10+ hours in order to get one. Good on you guys for getting out and about.

bearhunter338-06
08-18-2009, 07:19 AM
I have a buddy living just out side of Dawson Creek, always after me to get my azz up there. If it wasent for the gas and the 12hour drive I'd be there right now with moose hanging in the cooler.

d6dan
08-18-2009, 07:54 AM
See I told you, you were demoted to a packer. Congrats to your buddy. 2 in 1 day. excellent....

SHACK
08-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Didn't you do the same bloody thing last year Kyle? That is 2 in one day?

You know I still hate your guts........or my wifes for not wanting to move up your way........YET!

Steeleco
08-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Are you going to leave one for the rest of us??? Good going!

Rock Doctor
08-18-2009, 10:27 AM
what do ya think ....possible??????
after seeing you be part of 2 mooseys in 1 day ,i'm thinkng ya it could very well happen .
bruce

Very possible Bruce, anything can happen;)

Come on- 2 in 1 day!? You got an infestation up there or what?
Nice work all the same.

We saw 9 Elk (One Bull, that we never had a chance at), 5 other Moose (1 that we never had a chance at), 2 Wolves, a fox, and lots of other stuff as well. Does that qualify as an Infestation?:D

OK, now you're just pissin me off :lol:

:lol::lol:

RD –Don’t forget to buy some lotto 6/49 tickets this week!

Got 'em;-)

PS I would be out from behind my computer but its to far to drive in order to go for a morning hunt or evening LOL.

Yes, I do love living up here;)

For some of us it takes longer to get our hair cut than it takes you guys to get your moose!!! Good Job!!!

Now that you mention it, I do need a haircut, but I just don't have time:eek:

how are you managing to keep the meat cooled down?

Cooler

That was a good day.

That was a LONG day8-)

What a tease. .

Pretty sure that's what this site is all about;-)

See I told you, you were demoted to a packer. Congrats to your buddy. 2 in 1 day. excellent....

What a pack too, we hauled them both out in halves, and they are still hanging in halves. I packed all 4 Halves to the cooler myself......OUCH:eek:

Didn't you do the same bloody thing last year Kyle? That is 2 in one day?

You know I still hate your guts........or my wifes for not wanting to move up your way........YET!

Last yr it was 2 in 3 days;), but this is the third time we have gotten 2 in one day:cool:

Are you going to leave one for the rest of us??? Good going!

Of course, you have a couple days to get here before they are all gone:lol:.
Really seeing alot this yr, must have been a good winter for them.

RD

ratherbefishin
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
are you on private land or public?[I'm not familiar with the area]

riflebuilder
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
way to go Rock Doc leave the big ones for breeding.

Rock Doctor
08-18-2009, 01:07 PM
are you on private land or public?[I'm not familiar with the area]

Public land, it's all public land around here:smile:

weatherby_man
08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Geez,,,now thats filling the freezer!!

So how many you get today??

Rock Doctor
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Geez,,,now thats filling the freezer!!

So how many you get today??

LOL, I took this morning off, but another friend wants to go for a little look around this evening. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

knighthunter
08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Them are the perfect eatin size.

hillclimber
08-19-2009, 04:25 PM
what river or rivers were you hunting? PM's are fine too if you don't wanna tell the world LOL.

Freshtracks
08-19-2009, 11:14 PM
LOL, those of you that hate me:tongue:, maybe you should get out from behind your computer and take your frustrations out on a moose. The fricken things are everywhere out there:wink:. LOL

None of us hate you RD ... but where's the fricken video? Now we're going to get pissed. :p

Rock Doctor
08-20-2009, 12:50 PM
None of us hate you RD ... but where's the fricken video? Now we're going to get pissed. :p

LOL,
I tried,,,,I really did:redface:, but my headcams all have "Wide Angle Lenses" which are not any good for longer distances. A moose at anything over a hundred yrds shows up as nothing more than a little speck in the distance. They work great for Bow Hunting, and not too bad for Chicken Hunting, but I have not had any success using them for longer distances. Maybe I will be lucky enough in the future to get an "easy" moose that's close enough to me for the vid, but normally I end up making longer shots.
We are going to go get a couple Cow Elk on my next set of days off, maybe I will be able to get that on vid:smile:, I'll see what I can do.

RD