PDA

View Full Version : LEH Group hunt for 4-03 Cow - calf elk

krenny
08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Does anyone have any info on a good spot to hunt for cow elk in region
4-03? My 16 yr old son, me, & a friend are hunting Sept 21 -30. Also looking for a good camping spot for a 26ft trailer. Thanks

hunter1947
08-18-2009, 05:36 AM
I have never hunted the lower elevations in 4-03 but I have hunted the higher elevations and have connected for bull elk.

If I was you I would call up the elk management in Cranbrook and ask them where would a good place be to hunt for cow elk in 4-03.

I have seen cow elk when driving near lake koocanusa on lower Caven Creek FSR.

SteadyGirl
08-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Yay 4-03 thats my backyard :-P Literally.
I was just going to suggest Caven. I just did some riding in there to scout it out a bit for my company. It is really REALLY nice in there this year with no cattle on the lease. There are plenty of nice camp spots on the Gold Creek FSR you can get into with your trailer.

If you check out the haha area (not the road, it gets hammered) there are some pretty nice elk happening in there, as well as some nice cinnamon bears.. eh barracuda:eek:?

Let me know if you need a hand, or some horses, quads or winches if your not set up.. I won't be more than 20min away:-P

hunter1947
08-18-2009, 07:04 AM
I was just going to suggest Caven. I just did some riding in there to scout it out a bit for my company. It is really REALLY nice in there this year with no cattle on the lease. There are plenty of nice camp spots on the Gold Creek FSR you can get into with your trailer.

If you check out the haha area (not the road, it gets hammered) there are some pretty nice elk happening in there, as well as some nice cinnamon bears.. eh barracuda:eek:?

Let me know if you need a hand, or some horses, quads or winches if your not set up.. I won't be more than 20min away:-P

That was very nice to offer you help SG ,way to go http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

J_T
08-18-2009, 07:18 AM

Let me know if you need a hand, or some horses, quads or winches if your not set up.. I won't be more than 20min away:-PGee is that offer open to any of us? Here I've been carrying my elk out on my back.

krenny
08-19-2009, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the info, it sounds like we need to find a nice spot to set up in the craven area.

aletheuo
08-20-2009, 06:56 PM
If you have a look at the map available online you'll note that on the far south they have opened up the creek draws as well.