PDA

View Full Version : New Era for Chek-Mate Bows

greybark
08-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Well Dorthy Lidstone and Larry Courchaine started Chek-Mate Bows in Abbotsford around 1972 . The high quality of their Bows were in demand internationly inspite of basic "word of mouth "advertisment . Larry and Dorthy over all these years were most generous with donations of their quality bows to various Archery functions ,most notably the Traditional Bowhunter of BC .
Their longtime Boyer Marc Moriez has now taken over and has moved the outfit to Port Alberni on the Isl and it is hoped that He and his family are blessed with a vibrant operation that certainly will continue to produce the high quality and reasonable priced Bows that we have admired and appreciated .
Cheers

Coyote
08-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Well said Kenny. I wonder how many know that Dorothy was ladies world champion in 1969 I believe.

Chek Mate makes excellent recurves and longbows that rival anything out there. They have thrived for decades with no real advertising other than as you said "word of mouth."

All the best to Marc and his family

'yote

greybark
08-17-2009, 08:44 PM
8) Hey Coyote , you are right and it was Dorghty who first launched her arrows with an (unknown till then) open stance

The Hermit
08-25-2009, 10:13 PM
I am glad to have Marc on the Island!!!

riflebuilder
08-26-2009, 06:55 AM
I had a Checkmate long bow it was a great bow should never of sold it.

Bow Walker
08-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Wish they had a website of their own. It'd do wonders for their sales...not to mention their reputation.

Tuffcity
08-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Bow Walker,

I don't think they have to worry about sales.... and least of all their reputation! lol

RC

The Hermit
08-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Bow Walker,

I don't think they have to worry about sales.... and least of all their reputation! lol

RC

WERD!!! I've been waiting my turn for another Chek-Mate... they are so damned busy having a website might swamp the poor guy LOL

greybark
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey All , Since Marc is too busy to answer the phone right now he asks that you e-mail him at marc.moriez@shaw.ca for inquiries ....
Cheers

greybark
08-27-2009, 12:46 PM
:wink: Hey BowWalker , Chek-Mate has several distributers in the USA which have good web sites concerning these bows . When back from hunting will try to provide links .....
Cheers

Onesock
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
REPUTATION?
Just ask anyone shooting a stickbow what they think of Chekmate bows. I can guarantee you Chekmate has no problem with their reputation!!! As a matter of fact even ask guys not shooting a Chekmate to see what they think of them.
Bow Walker, maybe you used the wrong word when you said reputation.....

greybark
08-27-2009, 07:44 PM
:idea: Hey BowWalker , for a site with Chek-Mate Bows go to www.recurves.com (http://www.recurves.com)
Cheers (OK gone for two weeks)

Bow Walker
08-27-2009, 08:54 PM
REPUTATION?
Just ask anyone shooting a stickbow what they think of Chekmate bows. I can guarantee you Chekmate has no problem with their reputation!!! As a matter of fact even ask guys not shooting a Chekmate to see what they think of them.
Bow Walker, maybe you used the wrong word when you said reputation.....
Yeah, I certainly did use the wrong word there. I know that they enjoy world-wide recognition for their products - my ideas didn't come through very well, did they?

:idea: Hey BowWalker , for a site with Chek-Mate Bows go to www.recurves.com (http://www.recurves.com)
Cheers (OK gone for two weeks)
Thanks for the link - hope you get lucky out there!