PDA

View Full Version : Chilko Lk LEH Moose?

Little Hawk
08-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Howdy! Been lying low for a while. Nice to see lots of familiar names still hangin' here and lots of new guys as well.

Buddy Ray and I drew our usual Whitetail antlerless in 4-26 (EK South of Fairmont Hot Springs) and for our 'New Adventure' we try to do each year we drew a 'Group Moose' in 5-04 (A) on the west side of Chilko Lk. We've been focused mainly on Elk and Deer hunting the last few years so this is very cool and different for us. Neither of us have been in West of Williams Lk. before.

Any of you guys hunted Moose in this region before?
Ray and I could use a 'Steering-Commitee' here to get us camped in a good spot. We both got 4-stroke dirt-bikes so we got some range.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Terry

elkhunter1
08-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Me too 5-04 A Moose. OCt 1 st.
See Map E9 in Reg,s Taesco--Chilco ATVs Closed Area for hunting.
Yout bike is 2 wheel atv.
I believe the road from Hanceville { Lees Corner } to Taesco Lakes
can be Rough 4X4 only ?
I have taken Moose out of 5-04 B.
Be Patient find a lake with some feed.
Good Luck.

srupp
08-16-2009, 09:28 AM
some great moose in those areas, you DO have to compete with healthy #s of wolves..and the natives start hunting early/late august..

the rd from Lees corner is not bad at all...healthy black bear population there also..as is some BIG RACKED DEER..B I G D E E R.......

Down by the old davidson bridge and left is some decent camping hunting..

CAUTION..this area has had some dissapointing stories of problems with the natives from time to time..with camps having been 'visited" both day and night..:eek::frown:..but goodly #s of moose and the racks from there to Aniham tend to be bigger...

cheers

Steven

srupp
08-16-2009, 10:45 AM
if ya need some information pleases send a PM and I can maybe make some suggestions..lol there are even some good cali sheep in that there area..:eek: biggest deer in my 30 years in Williams Lake was seen in this area..

steven

Little Hawk
08-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks Steve!
Sorry about the delayed response. Been out of town.
PM sent.

Thanks again!

Sangstercraft
06-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey Terry,

How'd you make out with the LEH last fall? I'm taking my Dad hunting this fall, and I've put in for the 5-04 area..

I'm in Victoria too. Saw your wild salmon alliance picture - were you at the big salmon rally a few weeks ago? I was volunteering there, getting some handwritten letters to the fisheries minister.

srupp
06-02-2010, 04:46 PM
see if you can find a lake to fly in doesnt have to be far 15-20 miles..during rut..sept 25-oct 15 and call from the lake...eliminates hassles with first nation..and the associated harvesting day and night all year long..moose are less spooked and calm and respond extremelly well..
steven

Brandonsullivan84
10-03-2021, 09:27 PM
I have a draw in 5-06. Thinking of going to big stick lake. How’s the hunting /natives in that area??

srupp
10-03-2021, 10:08 PM
Hmm LOTS of natives..!! ensure you don't go through deeded indian country..some fires over past 4 years..
Just can't be encouraging with Indians hunting 24/7 365 day and nite.
Sad state of affairs.
Srupp

CranePete
10-04-2021, 06:16 AM
There was a large fire near Big Stick this summer

gcreek
10-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Hmm LOTS of natives..!! ensure you don't go through deeded indian country..some fires over past 4 years..
Just can't be encouraging with Indians hunting 24/7 365 day and nite.
Sad state of affairs.
Srupp

Quite a string of bs there Srupp. Not many left that actually hunt and Big Stick is a fair hike from title area….. maybe you and Airron need to lay off the thunder hay a bit.

Brandon, I am not sure extent of area burnt this summer but BCWS farmed that fire for months before the rain put it out. The cut blocks going into Minor Lake might be more productive. Wolves have had their numbers thinned the last couple winters. Still not much evidence of moose population increasing, this is the first year ever we haven’t seen a moose during the rut. I hope they come out of hiding come winter, I like to see them.
Been really dry here this summer so hunting water is good too.

Brandonsullivan84
10-04-2021, 11:05 AM
I was hoping to stay south. I do know there was a big wild fire in that area. And north of that area by nimpo lake looks to be native land. Thanks for the heads up

srupp
10-04-2021, 11:47 AM
Quite a string of bs there Srupp. Not many left that actually hunt and Big Stick is a fair hike from title area….. maybe you and Airron need to lay off the thunder hay a bit.

Brandon, I am not sure extent of area burnt this summer but BCWS farmed that fire for months before the rain put it out. The cut blocks going into Minor Lake might be more productive. Wolves have had their numbers thinned the last couple winters. Still not much evidence of moose population increasing, this is the first year ever we haven’t seen a moose during the rut. I hope they come out of hiding come winter, I like to see them.
Been really dry here this summer so hunting water is good too.

Hmm get the time try a reading course..read slowly..sound the words out..come on ewe can do do it..
Indians are an issue more than ever
Don't go through deeded land.
Not BS..long way for so many issues..it should be fun..not hill of challenges..
Chill
Srupp

gcreek
10-04-2021, 05:34 PM
Hmm get the time try a reading course..read slowly..sound the words out..come on ewe can do do it..
Indians are an issue more than ever
Don't go through deeded land.
Not BS..long way for so many issues..it should be fun..not hill of challenges..
Chill
Srupp

Smoke another, love and peace…….

Brandonsullivan84
10-04-2021, 07:15 PM
My uncle warned me about it out there. Saw some natives back into his camp with a pick up then walked towards there game pole with a knife. Said he had some words then He left

gcreek
10-04-2021, 07:43 PM
My uncle warned me about it out there. Saw some natives back into his camp with a pick up then walked towards there game pole with a knife. Said he had some words then He left

If you are north of Tatla I wouldn’t worry.