PDA

View Full Version : Leupold makes good!

David Heitsman
08-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Have had a pair of the original 10 X 40 Gold Rings since maybe 1996 and have had them in twice for repair. Once I dropped them hunting in South Africa and they needed colimation. The charge was $70 as I recall and I gladly paid it. Then later I must have dinged them again on horseback and felt they could use some adjustment. No charge this time.

Last week after returning from South Africa I noticed that the ends of the barrels were getting worn from too many sheep hunts where I had set them down on the shale and scuffed them around. So I mailed them in with my tight fall hunting schedule and 20 pics of them with different game afield along with a note praising them for years of service and within the week came a brand new pair of 10 x 42 HD Gold Rings!

I liked my old pair 'cause they were slightly lighter but these have excellent clarity and good handling ergonomics.

Anyway I just wanted to give cred to Leupold for going the extra mile. It keeps us buying their product.

Steeleco
08-15-2009, 08:11 PM
And this is why I sold my Bushnell's!!!

BlacktailStalker
08-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Sounds like Swaro could learn a thing or two from Leupy customer service.

gamehunter6o
08-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Had Leupold optics since 1972. Great service alround.

crofton_hunter
08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
This has just inspired me to get a leupold scope, bushnell are garbage!

Blainer
08-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Good stuff.
Did you say you were in Africa again?
You really need to learn how to post pictures.

bushguy
08-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Sounds like Swaro could learn a thing or two from Leupy customer service.

Not to highjack,,,but how is the swaro warranty service?My strap hooks on each side have worn thru because i was an idiot and used steel o rings,,,,scared to send em in!!Although my "red green" fix works awesome!

David Heitsman
08-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Blain er,

I will learn one of these days. Half slam and I traveled together and he made on of those shutterbug books of our trip. I'll have it at the BC Hunting show with me. Come by and take a look next spring.

Maybe I'll have a pic of the 360" elk I hope to get in Utah in 4 weeks, not to mention an antelope as well.

Blainer
08-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Blain er,

I will learn one of these days. Half slam and I traveled together and he made on of those shutterbug books of our trip. I'll have it at the BC Hunting show with me. Come by and take a look next spring.

Maybe I'll have a pic of the 360" elk I hope to get in Utah in 4 weeks, not to mention an antelope as well.Good luck to you.
Look forward to seeing the photo's

nerka992003
08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Leupold all the way just bought another, never had any issues what so ever i like my leupolds:)

Silverado
10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I wonder how all the Vortex fans of late will make out when it comes time for service on their optics?

Leupold gets my money every time.

ratherbefishin
10-18-2009, 06:35 AM
its why I buy used leupolds-you can generally get a used leupold for the same price as a new cheaper scope-but with confidence Leupold will make good on the lifetime guarantee-the best advertising any company can buy

Fisher-Dude
10-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I wonder how all the Vortex fans of late will make out when it comes time for service on their optics?

Leupold gets my money every time.

"Thank you for your patience. Your business is very important to us. Your scope is currently enroute to our repair centre. When does hunting season open?"

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/Lucid_Lorenda/SlowBoattoChinasecondplace.jpg

Steeleco
10-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I have a RXII range finder, apparently not the best product Leupold ever sold, but when mine packed it in, at least 6 months out of warranty. The boys at Korth in Alta just told me to send it in. I got a new one in a sealed package in under 10 days.

It sucks to need to use anybodies warranty services, but when you need it, you need a good one!!!