PDA

View Full Version : Hunting/ camping stores in Kelowna/ Penticton?

whitetailsheds
08-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Making a trip down that way this weekend, and staying a week. Looking for some quick suggestions for checking out some hunting/ camping stores.
Thanks!

bowhunterbruce
08-14-2009, 11:29 PM
start out with grouse river outfitters,they are one of hbc sponcers,there is also bear creek sports and hardcore archery in kelowna and in vernon ya may want to check out vernon outdoor store.
glen is in grouse river
dwayne runs beark creek
ken or kory have hardcore
tell them bruce sent ya and they will all look after ya just because they are all great and provide great service.
bruce

Singleshotneeded
08-14-2009, 11:38 PM
:D Hey Whitetail, The only really decently stocked outdoors store in Kelowna is Grouse River Outfitters, they're on the west side of Hwy 97
as you're heading out of Kelowna to the north. The address is 2720
Hwy 97 North. Penticton has nothing. The other two small gun shops
in Kelowna are on Banks Road, on the left side a couple of blocks off Hwy. 97. The best stocked of the two is A & C Sports, the first one you come
to after you turn east on Banks. Hope this helps!

smoke-eater
08-15-2009, 07:54 AM
grouse river outfitters has some decent stuff there but I would watch the prices. They are about 20-30% higher in price then SIR or wholesale sports. Last time I was there a box of TSX was $25 more then wss......

Slee
08-15-2009, 07:59 AM
grouse river outfitters has some decent stuff there but I would watch the prices. They are about 20-30$ higher in price then SIR or wholesale sports. Last time I was there a box of TSX was $25 more then wss......

I have found the same thing. They are great guys in the store and super helpful but I cant justify paying that much more.....

Stone Sheep Steve
08-15-2009, 08:10 AM
You'd be better off heading north to Backcountry Sports in FSJ:wink:.
Stopped in there on our way home and was pretty darn impressed. At least on par with WSS.

SSS

gary murray
08-15-2009, 08:38 AM
In Penticton we only have one hunting/fishing store. KJ's Sports, 2012 Main St, (250)492-4963. It's in a strip mall right next to Boston Pizza. A british guy named Will owns it and is a super nice guy. It's a very small store so you'll be done browsing in about 10 minutes.

Singleshotneeded
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for letting me know about that place, Gary, how are his prices?

wlbc
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
If you are in Vernon stop by Del Selin's. It's all about firearms there so not the place if you want to buy a sleeping bag or something. However, very knowledgable about firearms, reloading, and a very interesting and ever changing inventory of firearms. Good guys there.

He is on 28th street. Google-Del Selin Gunsmith

gary murray
08-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for letting me know about that place, Gary, how are his prices?
His prices seem reasonable but to be honest with you, i've never bought anything from him other than LEH, licenses and tags. I usually buy all my stuff from Wally world or Can Tire. Not because i like to cheap out but because like i said earlier his store is so small and you'll be done looking around after 10 minutes and doesn't have much variety. Technically what you said earlier you are right about Penticton having nothing. It's such a small store that even you in Kelowna hadn't heard of it. Before this store came in i went to Kelowna to Bear Creek Sports every now and again. Years ago we had Taylor Sports which was great. We had the famous Brett Hull working there when he was a Penticton Knight hockey player and he re-strung my Barnett crossbow. They ended up selling the store to another guy and the store went up his nostrils if you know what i mean.

Seabass
08-16-2009, 11:14 AM
A and C sports (Banks rd?) in Kelowna. I wouldn't go to bear creek but thats just me. Grouse River has a nice selection of things to brouse, reloading comonents aswell.

gary murray
08-16-2009, 11:28 AM
A and C sports (Banks rd?) in Kelowna. I wouldn't go to bear creek but thats just me. Grouse River has a nice selection of things to brouse, reloading comonents aswell.
I just picked the first place i seen in the phone book in Kelowna. I went there only because i couldn't find crossbow arrows back then here in Penticton. Walmart and Can Tire didn't sell them like they do now. I'll definitely check out A and C and Grouse River next time i'm up that way.