PDA

View Full Version : Tuchodi Goats

Tikatack
08-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm heading up Tuchodi on horse back for a few weeks in Sep. I'm not looking for tips or details, unless offered, but does anybody know what the goat situation is up above the lakes? The horses will get me up top and down again a little easier. Me and buddies have sheep tags, but I just need to know whether its worthwhile getting a goat tag too. I probably won't have much chance to go for goat otherwise this season.

PM me if you want

d6dan
08-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I'd take a tag with me. You never know how the hunt will go. If you don't and for some unforseen thing happens( oh look,big billy!) and no tag,you'll regret til next year.

silvertipp
08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
take a tag saw alot of goats all around the lower lake & the upper lake is suppose to be better

08-14-2009, 10:24 AM
There are area's where you do find them, I have taken a goat tag every time I've hired packers to take me in there (4) but have never harvested one, that said, I was after Rams and Elk, goat only if it showed up.

Good luck, too you ... they are there...

CT

bowhunterbruce
08-14-2009, 10:25 AM
spend the 40 bucks for a tag,its something you never have to regrete doing,even if your unsuccessful the money from your tag goes back into conservation in some form at least.
bruce

David Heitsman
08-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Get a goat tag, You have a better chance of filling it than your sheep tag.

tuchodi
08-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I would buy a tag as there are a few goats around but not as many as in othere parts of the north. The ones I have seen have been a little smaller than the ones in the Kechika valley but the 2 valleys are close so who's to say that a big one won't wander your way. Where are you riding in from?

Tikatack
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
We're riding in from the Tetsa crossing on the highway - about three days ride to the lakes I guess. We haven't decided yet where we'll camp but we want to stay well back from river runners access and close to access to up top.

I'll go goat, buddy will go sheep - it'll be a race.