PDA

View Full Version : back track

DCURR
08-13-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has used the Bushnell Backtrack gps unit? Any good or a pieceof #$*@

reach
08-14-2009, 01:28 AM
I haven't used one, but I would recommend getting something with mapping capability instead. For 2 or 3 x the price you would get 20 x the use out of it, IMHO.

Just one of many examples: I love being able to transfer my tracks to the computer and view them in Google Earth to see exactly where I went. You couldn't do that with the Bushnell.

DCURR
08-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks,
I guess i never thought of that . Its a good point though

dc

Night Hawk 3
08-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Garmin... GPSMap 60CSX or 76CSX

If you prefer, and I do in many situations, learn to use a (good) compass with a topo map - no batteries and it's always reliable.

NH3

mikeinajeep
08-29-2009, 06:37 PM
I dont know the back track but the crossover is amazing. Drive in the city, off road your 4x4 and hunt with the same full color topo gps. Water proof too but I bag mine and can still use the touch screen.

todbartell
08-29-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=38324

Crazy.kayaker
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM
I have the Etrex Vista HCx. AWESOME unit good battery life if you keep the back lighting off and it has auto routing so you can sit somewhere find where you need to be and PRESTO 2 or 3 clicks later you have the route you need to take to get there. Which is great let me find Grouse River in Kelowna and if I'm in down visiting in Vancouver and want to go somewhere just need the address. Lots of other GREAT features decent price all things considered too just get the Topo Canada Map set and a 2Gig Micro SD card and you can fit BC, Alberta, Yukon and NWT with 2% left over.....I only have BC, Alberta on mine right now.

mgnm300
08-30-2009, 08:19 AM
my friend decided to get one and the reason is he's totally illiterate when it comes to anything electronic. he's used the backtracker a few times and really likes it. it's very simple to use and definitely will find your way back even when trucking thru thick timber since that was his main concern. he's pretty confident on finding his way back after shed hunting or finding game and getting back to his quad or truck.
you want simple? go for it

#1fishslayer
09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I just picked one up today. Ill use it lots. Quick and easy.