PDA

View Full Version : looking for a Lab

steelhead68
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Would like any info on a breeder for a chocolate lab. If anyone knows of a breeder please let me know thanks.

Angel
08-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I would check with Jimsue here on HBC I believe he has a litter of labs on the way. I am not sure if he is expecting any chocolates in the mix but he has top knotch pups, very well bred. I would PM him and see if he can help or atleast send you in the right direction. Good Luck!!

The Dawg
08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Location, location, location :)

plumbob
08-12-2009, 09:32 PM
There are several breeders on this site what is your location would help.As mentioned jimsue just had a litter.

steelhead68
08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Vanouver island, sorry should have posted that. thanks

hunterofthedeer
08-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Vanouver island, sorry should have posted that. thanks
i just seen a listing in the buy and sell for somewhere on Vancouver Islan but i dont recall where

Jimsue
08-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Not expecting any choclates, try Someday Retrievers, Linda is in Kamloops and has 2 litters due in September, she has a web site.

On a side note I had my young dog down at the Tacoma Retriever Club Field Trial, I went out in the second test, very tight marks and the gunner was waving his hat at the flys and she went back to that old fall. Should have asked for a rerun but didn't want to get taged as a whiner, get em next time, she was the youngest dog in the whole trial.

One of the Derby dogs there sold for around $80,000. that is not a typo, to the same guy who bought Lean Mac for $125,000.

Pretty tough derby class.

Bear-ly_There
08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Here are two people who are selling chocolate labs!

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/9549598 (http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/9549598)

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/9549598 (http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/9549598)

Hope it helps! puppies are almost ready to go

Angel
08-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Not expecting any choclates, try Someday Retrievers, Linda is in Kamloops and has 2 litters due in September, she has a web site.

On a side note I had my young dog down at the Tacoma Retriever Club Field Trial, I went out in the second test, very tight marks and the gunner was waving his hat at the flys and she went back to that old fall. Should have asked for a rerun but didn't want to get taged as a whiner, get em next time, she was the youngest dog in the whole trial.

One of the Derby dogs there sold for around $80,000. that is not a typo, to the same guy who bought Lean Mac for $125,000.

Lol what a joke! I mean I am all for good breeding and solid bloodlines but $80,000 for a frickin dog! What a waist of money. That money would be a hell of a good down payment on a house not a DOG lol!

kinderdoggin
08-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Jim, did you you happen to see "Megan" aka Azna's Blue Angel Megan run? She is a littermate to my Ruger (who Bopper met at the seminar up here) and she won the derby at Tacoma. Ruger is a really gifted young fella and it sounds like his sister is too!

Re: chocolate Lab puppies, we have a really nice litter planned for late next spring, not sure when you are looking to get your pup-SHR Gras-land's Sweet Brandy JH WC x Merganser's Ferris Bueller MH WC

Loaded field trial pedigrees top and bottom, OFA hip, elbow, CERF and EIC/CNM clearances, health guarantee, etc.... I am taking reservations now. PM for more info, pics, pedigrees.

Erin

lilhoss
08-13-2009, 05:17 PM
There are some for sale in the BUySellTrade.I noticed them last week advertised to be ready in Sept. out of Duncan.Not sure as to"breeder" status,but they said the parents were there if you wanted to look at them.$850.00 I believe.

labguy
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
One of the Derby dogs there sold for around $80,000. that is not a typo, to the same guy who bought Lean Mac for $125,000

Soooooooooo who sold for eighty grand????? Curious regards,

Duk Dog
08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Lol what a joke! I mean I am all for good breeding and solid bloodlines but $80,000 for a frickin dog! What a waist of money. That money would be a hell of a good down payment on a house not a DOG lol!

Not an issue for some of the people playing in the field trial game. The same fellow who bought Lean Mac also has in the past bought the Alberta ministers tag for big horn sheep.

labguy
08-14-2009, 05:26 AM

:p

Waste of money????? The same man who bought Lean Mac for $125,000.00 turned that into a nice little profit of millions in stud fee's and is still selling frozen semen from this dog many years after his death.......if the $80,000 dog does half as well, I'd say it's not a bad investment.

:?: Waste of money?????? Time will tell.

steelhead68
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks everyone, i will be checking out some of these leeds.

bulldog
09-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Looking for a English/Show labrador as well, don't need to be a hunting dog. in kamloops if any of you know any good breeders let me know. Thanks.Bulldog

dutchie
09-04-2009, 12:34 AM

For a fully proven KS IKP INT CH Kurzhaar In Germany, that dog would only max out in the low teens, and a puppy from the litter would be the exact same price as a pup from a litter of just a KS or IKP or INT CH titled dog.

The breeders will only charge $1000 Euros for the dog no matter what the blood line is... there is just a VERY VERY long waiting list!

Dutchie

Angel
09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
:p

Waste of money????? The same man who bought Lean Mac for $125,000.00 turned that into a nice little profit of millions in stud fee's and is still selling frozen semen from this dog many years after his death.......if the $80,000 dog does half as well, I'd say it's not a bad investment.

:?: Waste of money?????? Time will tell.

I dunno... i would say its a risk not my cup of tea. I would never through away that kind of money on a dog when you can get top quality hunting breads for 1000 to 1500 max. They all poop,eat and sleep.......unless i am missing something here:roll:

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
09-19-2009, 03:28 PM
ace Labradors has a litter i bought one from her last litter great dog 700 bucks

Elk Chaser
10-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Try this guy (Danny Porter)

catpo@telus.net

Angel
10-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Hey Stealhead,

Did you ever get your Lab you were looking for??? I know Jimsue has a current litter right now and they have 3 pups left. 1 black male, 1 yellow male and 1 yellow female, i believe that is right. Anyways good luck, keep us posted.

steelhead68
10-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey Stealhead,

Did you ever get your Lab you were looking for??? I know Jimsue has a current litter right now and they have 3 pups left. 1 black male, 1 yellow male and 1 yellow female, i believe that is right. Anyways good luck, keep us posted.

To be honest I didn't get a pup yet.

Angel
10-21-2009, 08:43 AM
if you are still interested PM me and I can set u up with Jims number for there pups. They are asking around $900 i believe.